AmEx Charge Card - Priority Pass and hotel status

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakxon

Hey all,

I was wondering if I cancelled my AmEx charge card now (Jan/Feb 2017), will I still be to take advantage of my Priority Pass membership at airport lounges since the membership expiry date is not until July 2019?

I guess the same question applies for the hotel statuses. Would we be able to take advantage of those status (Hilton Gold) if my charge card has been cancelled?

Thanks!

for sure, your Priority Pass membership will be cancelled short after you canceled your charge card.
no idea for hotel statuses

The T&C do say the hotel status only lasts as long as you're a card member, I guess it wouldn't necessarily go immediately but probably within a few weeks.

Hotel status is likely to remain, priority pass likely to be cancelled.

If you ask Amex they will say they will all be cancelled. I'm told that in practice only the Priority Pass is.

Based on reading others experiences on AFF your PP will be canceled rather promptly, but your hotel statuses will remain and expire at their "natural" end of life

I have a question on the hotel status (Hilton specifically). If the base line membership with Hilton is Gold (via the Amex charge card) how many calendar year stays / nights are required to jump to Diamond? Is it 10 stays ? Or do you have to fulfill the full requirement ? 30 stays / 60 nights etc ? In other words is gold status merely a safety net?

I have a question on the hotel status (Hilton specifically). If the base line membership with Hilton is Gold (via the Amex charge card) how many calendar year stays / nights are required to jump to Diamond? Is it 10 stays ? Or do you have to fulfill the full requirement ? 30 stays / 60 nights etc ? In other words is gold status merely a safety net?

Full amount I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back