amex blue sky card benefits ends july 25th then converts to a gold ascent credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsteps

i got a letter today informing me that the Amex blue sky card benefits ends july 25th 2011 then it converts over to a gold ascent credit card. not really happy with this move since ill lose the no annual fee for life and free travel insurance etc. are the ascent points redemption ratio value the same as the blue sky or is it best to cash out the points for a bluesky flight or gift cards before july 25th? i might just convert the card over to the bmw amex card to get the no annual fee for life and the current bonus 10 k points but im afraid ill loose the bonus DSE x 5 points that i registered for until june 30th or will that carry over to the new card?

Re: amex blue sky card benefits ends july 25th then converts to a gold ascent credit

I just got the same thing. From the way I see it, would be worthwhile to hold off as ascent has a 1:1 transfer to Krisflyer where overseas travel costs less points. Though definitely a negative to be losing the insurance.

Re: amex blue sky card benefits ends july 25th then converts to a gold ascent credit

If the no annual fee is important, switch to the Qantas Amex Discovery card - $0 fee and 1 point per $1 earn rate. Plus a bonus point for Qantas purchases. Just doesn't give you the travel insurance though...

If the no annual fee is important, switch to the Qantas Amex Discovery card - $0 fee and 1 point per $1 earn rate. Plus a bonus point for Qantas purchases. Just doesn't give you the travel insurance though...

i complained over the phone about being offered inferior card and the staff member said he couldn't do anything as the decision came from above. We should all send them a secure email to complaint about getting an inferior card offer and losing out on the insurance benefits and having to fork out $80 after 1 year for the ascent program which is a bad offer. if well complain together as a group they hopefully will take note and listen? if they want our loyalty we should request that they upgrade us by offering us a card that has the same or superior benefits not lower ones. if we all complaint and ask that our cards be transfered to a Gold charge card instead which has good insurance and you can also later request a amex edge credit card for free with it too . thus it would be a better deal and if they agreed to waive the annual fee that would be great too. thats what i plan on doing .

A little late... but wondered what unfolded for you on this front? I spoke with a rep the other day about changing to a gold charge card and he said I could try; just have to fill out the online app etc. Only problem is, current circumstances mean I'm sure to not get that card!

The lack of insurance on the new card is a real problem. And I got burnt by it the other day when a flight got changed on me. Even though flight was all booked and paid for on the card in March, because card benefits end July 25th there was no insurance cover! Seems a bit dodge to just drop it for pre-existing purchases on that date I thought... but must be standard practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back