Amex - 10,000 bonus points when puchasing HCF/MBF/NIB health insurance Ends 31/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovestotravel

Okay since Medibank Private stopped accepting Amex, I guess others have shopped around....

Received a postcard in the mail today.

Basically join/switch to HCF/MBF/NIB and receive 10,000 bonus points.

Only for Amex issued cards (not bank) and NOT for David Jones cards.

Private Health Insurance from HCF health cover fund - Amex cardholder bonus points offer
http://www.nib.com.au/amexrewards
Health Insurance| Health Cover| MBF Health Fund - Was the link given for MBF a quick search didn't show me the 10,000 bonus points offer.

Of course they happily accept Amex for the monthly/annual payment

:mrgreen:

Re: Amex - 10,000 bonus points when puchasing HCF/MBF/NIB health insurance Ends 31/12

Exx_cellant, I'm due to get my teeth checked and refill my contacts prescription - time to join a health fund again :)

Re: Amex - 10,000 bonus points when puchasing HCF/MBF/NIB health insurance Ends 31/12

Make sure you join a fund that doesn't have a waiting period :p

Might also apply to HBA (VIC) and Mutual Community (SA) as they are part of the same business as MBF.

Okay since Medibank Private stopped accepting Amex, I guess others have shopped around....

Medibank Private actually said in their letter that it was Amex's decision to withdraw. I find it hard to buy this story.

Medibank Private actually said in their letter that it was Amex's decision to withdraw. I find it hard to buy this story.

Yeah right, pigs may fly also ;)

:shock::shock::shock:

Yes I can see the letter that Amex sent to Medibank Private now.

Dear Medibank Private,

Please be advised that we no longer want 1.8% merchant fee of the xx,xx_,xx_ that you charge on Amex each year. Please stop accepting our card.

Sincerely
Amex..

It would have been more the case of Medibank saying to Amex, match the Visa/Mastercard fee or we'll stop accept your card. Amex would have reduced the fee a little. Medibank Private said not good enough and decided to stop accepting Amex. Contrary to popular belief on here, most people don't care about using Amex enough to change providers...

Since Amex has come out with this current promotion of 10,000 boni points, it's more to slap it in the face of Medibank Private and hopefully pull some of their customers away.

I am currently with HBA but will change to one of the three boni points partners when my current paid month finishes.

10,000 points + 1080 points per year + a saving of $20 per month for a very similar policy to HBA and I am happy :)

I also received the postcard. My dad was looking at it and said I should change to get the 10,000 bonus points.

I am happy with Medibank Private and I am not going to change health funds just because they stopped accepting Amex....

Damn... I left Medibank ages ago.

They just aren't competitive anymore.

For those considering MBF are great.

Received this as well. I've been considering changing since Medibank Private stopped taking Amex, so I'll certainly consider the offer.

For those considering MBF are great.

I'll check them out.

Please be advised that we no longer want 1.8% merchant fee of the xx,xx_,xx_ that you charge on Amex each year. Please stop accepting our card.

Revenue in total is more likely to be in the region of 4,000,000,000+ (across all payment methods) so revenue through amex is probably considerably higher potentialy.

OH and I are with MBF. If we switch to one of the others, do we still get the bonus points? I suspect not, but doesn't hurt to check....

I would say yes you would get the bonus points.

I rang HBA to cancel my policy today, usual question on why etc etc and who I am going to.

I told them it was MBF, as they were cheaper and accept Amex. The girl told me that since they (HBA/BUPA) own MBF they would probably stop accepting Amex soon.

Not sure if I should believe a phone monkey though

Funny that BUPA who own both HBA and MBF have one company that accepts Amex and the other that doesn't!

I told them it was MBF, as they were cheaper and accept Amex. The girl told me that since they (HBA/BUPA) own MBF they would probably stop accepting Amex soon.

I wouldn't believe everything you hear form a CSA...

Just signed up with NIB. Have to ring HBA to cancel properly tomororw, they were all weird on the phone about it today.

10,000 boni points coming my way within 12-14 weeks :shock: according to the T&Cs!

Just signed up with NIB. Have to ring HBA to cancel properly tomororw, they were all weird on the phone about it today.

10,000 boni points coming my way within 12-14 weeks :shock: according to the T&Cs!

How weird?

Australian Unity charge me $246/month

HCF wanted $278/month

nib wanted $290/month

Looks like I'll leave the 10k of points go through to the keeper.

Australian Unity charge me $246/month
And I thought the $70.45 I paid a month was too much. :rolleyes:

Am I right in assuming that is a family policy?

And I thought the $70.45 I paid a month was too much. :rolleyes:

Am I right in assuming that is a family policy?

Yes you are.

This offer must have only gone to certain members because I didn't receive it. :(

I did get an offer awhile back with 5000 points if I changed to Energy Australia for gas and electricity.

I took that up as I am trying to move as much of my regular stuff away from ANZ Visa now that they only give me half a point. I also do not use my ANZ issued Amex Card. Must be galling for them to see my monthly Amex debit and none of it going to them but I do not reward bad behaviour.

I will consider moving my Health Insurance from Medibank so I can use Amex.

Unfortunately I have no choice with water and council rates, stuck with paying them on Visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back