Not open for further replies.

MikeG

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Sapphire
As I was rolling off an Amex Gold Business card, I decided the best course of action was for my wife to sign up for a Qantas Ultimate card so she got the signup points. I'm not sure if that was a great idea as It's been an absolute nightmare.

1. Low Limit - as she is a stay at home mum and student, her income is such that the card limit was $5000 - attempts to increase the limit have been largely ignored. We submitted the paperwork about two months ago now... No response.

2. They didn't pay the signup bonus - we spend about $15k per month on the card, gaining 20k+ QFFs per month, but after three months, there has been no payout of the signup points.

Is this par for the course for Amex? Even with a reasonable 6-figure family income, are they as foolish as to take only the primary cardholder's income into account? I recently signed up for a Qantas Money Premium MC, and it was approved with $27k limit so I'm pretty sure the credit rating is intact :)

Thoughts?

M

Last edited:
From the T&Cs

Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have met the spend criteria for the 100,000 Qantas Points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.

Has that time frame elapsed?

Let's see - the spend was achieved by 26 June, so add 10 weeks to that and you get yesterday's date.

Let's see - the spend was achieved by 26 June, so add 10 weeks to that and you get yesterday's date.
Quite unusual. Points normally hit the account as soon as spend criteria met. Are you sure she was eligible (not held an amex in the last 18 months)? If so, I'd call the call centre during AEST. I did have this issue last time i had the card (3 years ago) and it took a month but did get resolved

We've found on 3 accounts that points land into Amex as soon as spend is done and sweep into Qantas around the middle of the month. Is it clear that the QFF number has stuck?

Well the 20,000 points per month are hitting her QFF account with no problems, but there was no 100,000 points.

I can't call Amex as they won't talk to me - I'll ask her to call them again and see what they say this time.

Well the 20,000 points per month are hitting her QFF account with no problems, but there was no 100,000 points.

I can't call Amex as they won't talk to me - I'll ask her to call them again and see what they say this time.
You can try online chat when logged in to their amex account, however I believe the teir 1 for this is an OS centre, so it will likely need to be escalated over the phone anyway to the Aust call centre to get so many points sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back