American Express Gold Charge Card - $130

Status
Not open for further replies.

prozac

The Amex Gold card is good for 30,000 points when signing up. With an annual fee of $130 this bonus is only redeemable via referral and is not available in full to applicants who apply direct to Amex. OK, there are no free flights but not everyone wants one. Want a referral? Send me a pm. ;)

Last edited:
Isn't it $210 when you include the Ascent fee?
Don't know about that.....here's the blurb (I didn't mention itis a charge card).
Your Gold Card

• As a Charge Card, you pay the full amount charged each month. So you pay no interest charges and enjoy the financial freedom of no pre-set limit[SUP]1[/SUP]
  • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every $1 spent, excluding utilities, insurance(except insurances offered by American Express), telecommunications providers and government bodies in Australia where you will earn 0.5 points for every $1 spent[SUP]2[/SUP]
  • Annual Card fee only $130 pa

Can you apply for this card and get the 30k bonus even if you already have another Amex card (Ultimate) ?
Cheers

You have to opt in to Qantas Direct to get QFF points, and then it's direct sweep only.

This card can also be had for free if you drive a certain premium European vehicle ;) (or possibly have the appropriate link)

You have to opt in to Qantas Direct to get QFF points, and then it's direct sweep only.

This card can also be had for free if you drive a certain premium European vehicle ;) (or possibly have the appropriate link)

I think the affiliate card is credit as opposed to charge though.

I think the affiliate card is credit as opposed to charge though.

Indeed correct. Still $0 annual fee can't be beaten ;) no bonuses though if you're doing the old bonus and burn trick.

Mine sits in the drawer for a rainy day. Weather's been fine for 3 years...

Are you referring to the credit or charge card. Through my affliliation, the annual fee is waived for teh 1st yr for the charge and free for life for the credit - I would like the charge fee free forever :)

Is it possible to get Gold Charge Card fee free? / reduced?

I haven't seen any promos on the charge cards for a while & at the moment the gold card doesn't look to be very good ($210 to be able to earn points)

I have qantas discovery at the moment which is great value but I would like the insurance that the gold comes with / other advantages

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Staff online

Back