American Express Discovery Card $0 Fee 10k point, apply before 1 march 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers asdfghjkl32

Looks like a pretty good card indeed. Just applied- with no annual fee and 1 for 1 points- really can't lose... but where to put all these cards..:shock:

Cheers asdfghjkl32

Looks like a pretty good card indeed. Just applied- with no annual fee and 1 for 1 points- really can't lose... but where to put all these cards..:shock:

Only main differnece I noticed to a lot of AMEX cards is this one has 44 days interest free, not 55.

A note for those who have another Amex:

To be eligible for all or part of the 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer you must be a new Card applicant who does not currently hold any of the Qantas American Express Card products

So an Earth Amex wouldn't rule you out then?

From the wording, i would assume it only applies to the Qantas American Express Ultimate, Premium & Discovery.

Since you're not a direct Amex customer with an Earth card, i'm sure they'd be happy to have you.

thats the way i read it as well as I currently have an ANZ and and a NAB Gold Amex, will see what happens!

i had to convert one of my other amex cards over since they told me im only allowed a maxium of 2 amex cc now. does anyone know what is the cheapest thing i can buy at a qantas travel shop apart from the $50 travel voucher to get the 2500 bonus points as i rarely fly qantas?

Just had mine approved. + for on-line applications including a supplimentary card (no charge too) I got a $50 voucher at Coles(?)

So in the space of an hour on the 'puter I've bagged a minimum of 43,500 points for 90 bucks. That's not a bad deal I reckon. Especially since I didn't realise my current Wankpac card only gives me .5 point on the Visa. Looks like I am changing all my business purchases to one of these new fangled cards :D

Just had mine approved. + for on-line applications including a supplimentary card (no charge too) I got a $50 voucher at Coles(?)

So in the space of an hour on the 'puter I've bagged a minimum of 43,500 points for 90 bucks. That's not a bad deal I reckon. Especially since I didn't realise my current Wankpac card only gives me .5 point on the Visa. Looks like I am changing all my business purchases to one of these new fangled cards :D
i transfered my amex gold card to this one to get the points. the application says household income. I wonder if housewifes can apply and put down $0 income and write their partners income in the other section and still qualfiy? I called up and 1 person said yes then called again and another said no the primary application needs to earn minium 35k to qualify. so i m a bit confused also since i already have the card and shes a supplementary card holder they will simply reject it.

Last edited:
This must be the card the Amex representative was recommending to me yesterday as I wanted to cancel the Qantas Premium card and he did not want to waive the $195 annual membership fee as it has been waived for a number of years.

I did not want another credit card but I had some concern with SQ flights booked in August 2010 for travel in March 2011 where they need to sight the credit card at check-in. Anyway the rep went to his manager to approve the waiving of the $195 annual fee and the waiver was approved in next to no time.

End result is keeping the Qantas Premium card for another 12 months.

What other cards did you apply for to get the other 33,500 points?

Cheers

Woolies mastercard = 16,000 points. Got first statement yesterday and they were on it :cool: and in FF account now.

ANZ visa/amex pair. 20,000 points after minimum $300 purchase (fine print = credited within 3 months)

Amex disco card. I doubt I'll be flying QF domestic in the short term so I'll just snaffle the 7,500

Not bad for an hour on a hot day over Xmas. I'm now all plastic-ed up :shock:

Woolies mastercard = 16,000 points. Got first statement yesterday and they were on it :cool: and in FF account now.

ANZ visa/amex pair. 20,000 points after minimum $300 purchase (fine print = credited within 3 months)

Amex disco card. I doubt I'll be flying QF domestic in the short term so I'll just snaffle the 7,500

Not bad for an hour on a hot day over Xmas. I'm now all plastic-ed up :shock:

Aren't the Woolies and ANZ cards both $90/yr? I got that card and I think I'll get the Amex as well.

Huh.... Was sent an application for this card, never considered Amex before, thought I would apply and compliment my Woolworths Qantas Everyday Rewards Credit Card which I was approved two months ago with a credit limit of $20k. Was really only going to use this "new" Amex card for "business" expenses to keep everything nice and tidy.

My application for the Amex card was rejected, no specific reason given (some cough about criteria being confidential so cant be more specific)

Going to photocopy the letter and keep some copies to send back with the applications I seem to get every month or two :p:p:p:p

I'm not sure if they both have fee's. Just pays the money and be done with it.

shintaro10x: On the screen I see now there is an add for the Amex QF card. Isn't it ironic....

Just had my application for the Qantas Discovery card declined.

I called to find out why, and they told me that it was automatically declined because I had applied for the BMW Amex card within the last 3 months (it was actually about 1 week ago).

Is this normal treatment?

There would have been no other issues with application that I'm aware of (i.e. existing debts, income, etc.)

Last edited:
Just had my application for the Qantas Discovery card declined.

I called to find out why, and they told me that it was automatically declined because I had applied for the BMW Amex card within the last 3 months (it was actually about 1 week ago).

Is this normal treatment?

There would have been no other issues with application that I'm aware of (i.e. existing debts, income, etc.)

:) Well at least I am not alone...!

Seriously I think their application process has one major floor, While my income is quite good, I also have quite a few credit cards and this is possibly the reason I was not approved. However they never asked what assets I have VS debts.

Without giving away too much info, I have over $600k in assets and less than $50K debt, I have approx $50k credit limit on several cards. Income is around $100k after tax. In the old days anybody would lend me money with such assets (considering 80% is property) I really think these clowns really don't want to offer a no annual cost card.

Total waste of time IMHO

Gonna be fun when they target me by mail and phone next time... Excuse me sir would you like to apply for this new Amex card..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Huh.... Was sent an application for this card, never considered Amex before, thought I would apply and compliment my Woolworths Qantas Everyday Rewards Credit Card which I was approved two months ago with a credit limit of $20k. Was really only going to use this "new" Amex card for "business" expenses to keep everything nice and tidy.

My application for the Amex card was rejected, no specific reason given (some cough about criteria being confidential so cant be more specific)

Going to photocopy the letter and keep some copies to send back with the applications I seem to get every month or two :p:p:p:p

So Guy's, any suggestions for the next card I should apply for since Amex dont give a hoot about me....! Really looking for a "business" only card to compliment my QEDRCC... What does everybody suggest, Annual Fee OK but must be points included for $$$$ up front :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back