American Express Ascent Program - Green Corporate Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausbt

Established Member
Hi all,

Work have just informed me they are moving to this card and giving me the opportunity to join the Ascent program. $1 spend for one point, no express lane nor Amex lounge passes? I get 3 points using my personal Amex Velocity Platinum plus the other benefits, thankfully I think they will let me continue using that. However I do find it convenient to use my work-supplied Amex for taxis, airtrains & Skybus so at the very least I may as well pick up some points. Does anyone know the transfer rates applicable to sending Ascent points from Amex to Virgin Velocity and from Amex to Singapore Krisflyer? I can't spot it on the website https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/rewards/redeem/travel-with-points/

no express lane or lounge passes with Corp cards,

transfer rates for Corp Ascent should be the same as with Ascent for consumers (usually people who already have Amex cards with Ascent have their Corporate card linked to the same account for points earning after paying a linkage fee). Unfortunately you'll likely need to pay the full Ascent fee rather than linking to your Velocity MR.

here's the T&Cs that would relate to your Corp Green MR if in Ascent https://catalogue.membershiprewards...ageName=Ascent_Terms_AU030282E_0204_Final.pdf

Last edited:
If your workplace opts-in to Qantas, your green card will have no direct transfer to velocity. I need to transfer to spg then velocity to get my points, boo!

You may find that the application for a coroporate card also appears on your personal credit rating. I was disappointed when mine did (2012, Amex Corporate Gold Card). On top of that, work made me pay for the MR program too :(

I think I will just stick with jamming as much as possible through my personal Velocity Platinum card, and forget about Amex Ascent completely. If only work would cover the $349 fee, no chance. But it's a great card and has worked really well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back