Altitude Travel Call Centre Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

alien

Hi All,

Called the Altitude Rewards Call Centre today for an international fare request with points and I thought I would share my experience:

• Called and on hold 15mins male answered and requested my credit card details and security questions
  • Provided the answers
  • Asked about international fares and was advised he needs to transfer me to International fares desk
  • Transfered and on hold a further 35mins
  • Female answered and advised there is a further wait of 80mins if I would like to hold or I can leave my details and someone will call me back on Thursday with my fares
  • I asked how many points per dollar value I would roughly need for international flights however she couldn't provide that.
  • I provided my flight details being from Sydney to London x 2 Adults
  • I was then advised that there would be a 2 hours wait if I would like to hold
  • I advised that I had already been waiting 50mins and I wasn't prepared to wait any longer.
So with this experience I'm really wondering whether or not I should just transfer my points to QFF, Airpoints, Enrich, velocity or some other altitude reward then cancelling my cards after I find another suitable card.

Really not happy with the travel service experience :evil: :evil: :evil: .....

Yes, I agree.

My wife and I are cancelling our Altitude and Earth cards.

Why do the call it "Worstpac", I wonder.

Update!

Just received an email with my request.

Looks like my total points 424,877 (48,363 reserved 1 for 1) equates to $2,750.

Details of the flight and cost provided:

Flight $1945.00
Tax $750.58
Total $2695.58

SAT 12 APR 2008
---------------
16:55 Depart SYD on QF31
** VIA SIN **

SUN 13 APR 2008
---------------
06:40 Arrive LHR

08:50 Depart LHR on Flight QF3461

10:10 Arrive EDI

TUE 29 APR 2008
---------------
18:15 Depart EDI on QF3462
19:40 Arrive LHR

22:05 Depart LHR on QF10

WED 30 APR 2008
---------------
17:55 Arrive SIN

19:50 Depart SIN on QF6

THU 01 MAY 2008
---------------
05:10 Arrive SYDNEY

alien said:
Looks like my total points 424,877 (48,363 reserved 1 for 1) equates to $2,750.
Converted to QFF would give you ~266620 QFF points. SYD-LHR-EDI should require 128,000 QFF points + taxes and surcharges for return flight.

Altitude is offering one fully paid flight whereas with QF you should be able to get 2 award flights + taxes and surcharges and still have QFF points left over.

yes I was thinking that but I guess the only thing would be the availability of award seat for the required dates.

Anywhere on the web I can find this out before transfering points?

Your best bet would be to call the QF service centre for advice on any available dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back