Altitude Black - SPG Gold benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith009

Established Member
Hi,

Just got my brand new Altitude Black cards. As I'm not likely to retain my SPG Gold membership unless they comp me again like the previous year, I'm hoping to take advantage of the Black MC's accelerated SPG Gold membership.

Do I need to create a brand new booking with Starwood in the Asia Pacific region and pay for the stay with the MC, or am I literally only required to pay for the stay - that is, even for an existing booking that'd originally been made with another card - in full on the MC to fulfill the 1 stay requirement? This is a non-prepaid rate.

The reason I'm asking is because I'd booked the Westin in Melbourne for $275 per night just after Christmas, and the same hotel on the same dates has risen to $505 a night, thus not an option to cancel and rebook. I'd populated the booking with an AMEX in my profile by default, and am hoping that I could simply change the credit card in the booking to the Black Mastercard and pay with said Black Mastercard at checkout to qualify for this benefit.

MTIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back