AA dom upgrade for non-AAdvantage member

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by voulez, May 17, 2018 at 9:17 AM.

1. Claim your free gift valued at $39.95 when you take the Australian Frequent Flyer's quick user survey. More...

1. voulez

voulez Junior Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Morning all, I'm looking to upgrade an upcoming AA ORD-LAX revenue flight in June booked in economy. I can't find a cash upgrade option under 'manage my booking' on the AA website. Is my best course of action to request for that at the airport; do they email these offers in advance? Also, how much would they cost roughly? (The current difference on the AA website is c.US$150 so I'm hoping that'd be the case, otherwise I should just suck it up and stay in economy.)
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search and most answers require AAdvantage membership which I don't have (I'm QF SG though if it matters)?

Thanks again :)

2. MEL_Traveller

MEL_Traveller Enthusiast

Apr 27, 2005
    Melbourne, AU
    Just call them up and ask if your ticket can be upgraded for cash. I wouldn't be waiting for the airport, by that stage they may have upgraded all their elites for free.

• Like Like x 1
  3. voulez

voulez Junior Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Ok I'll do that thanks!!

4. drron

drron Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2002
    Sunshine Coast
    • Like Like x 1
  5. voulez

voulez Junior Member