A330 in J headphone problem.

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Tassieoptom, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    I flew Mel to Per in J on Friday night. There were only 4 of us in the cabin, so service was grrat with lots of food and bubbles. So it could have been me, but my bose NC headphones place audio jack has 2 prongs and have no sound from the IFE. To hear the movie I had to swap to virgins provided ones, they had a three pin jack. Was my jack broken, a faulty connection, or are the bose NC not a match for this aircraft?

Thanks

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. Pleb Status

Pleb Status Established Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Perth
    I have used my QC25 and QC35 many times over the past few years on the VA 332 in J without a single problem.

As the VA headphones operated correctly, I would say any issues experienced were down to your equipment (or the operation of it).

I believe the third pin on airline supplied headphones is for power and is not required for non powered or self powered headphones.

3. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    . Many thanks, I assumed as much, but had doubled checked the plug points on my QC25 but could ovtain no sound. As you have found in the past is also true for me. I have never had a problem over the last few years. Will try again tonight.

4. clipped_wings

clipped_wings Member

Feb 7, 2016
    central coast nsw
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You haven't accidentally clicked the noise cancelling function have you?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    . Possibly, was after some glasses of bubbles. Was certainly well looked after

• Like Like x 1

6. bean

bean Member

Nov 19, 2014
    You were offered more than one glass? I have only ever once bene offered a second :(

7. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    They gave me several, perhaps an entire bottle. Believe I was the only one drinking it. Certainly put me to sleep.

8. ecole16

ecole16 Junior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    With my QC 35's I must have the plug pushed only half way in order to get sound through both ears. If the plug pushed in fully i only get sound in one ear. Its a bit fiddly but can normally get it to work so long as i don't bump the plug!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    I promise to try harder tonight, the plane left Sydney a half hour late so may be late leaving again. If so will be too tired to try I think, has been a cracking conference.

10. Tassieoptom

Tassieoptom Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Facebook:
    Ok, in the very early hours this morning as we left Perth I did some experiments. As Clipped wings said I must have clicked the noise cancelling button, which you would think was the whole point of the headphones. Tried exactly that and no sound from the IFE. Later I got some sleep with the IFE paused and the NC button on to drown out the snoring from behind. When I woke I unpaused the IFE, perfect sound and the NC bottom was still on. So odd....

• Like Like x 1