540K Altitude Points - what seats will it buy me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin D

I have about 545K Altitude Points and wondering if that will buy me 2 x business class seats to Europe with any of Westpac's partner airlines, particularly interested in Singapore through Kris Flyer.

SYD/MEL/BNE in business to Europe is 116K KF points + tax so 464k WBC points will get you 2x one way. Not enough for 2 return tickets if that's whatyou were looking at.

I have about 545K Altitude Points and wondering if that will buy me 2 x business class seats to Europe with any of Westpac's partner airlines, particularly interested in Singapore through Kris Flyer.
Where are you flying from? You're going to struggle with that number of points.

Churn some more cards :)

Well, 545,000 Westpac Altitude points are worth:
  • 181,667 Velocity points
  • 181,667 KrisFlyer miles
  • 181,667 Asia Miles
  • 181,667 Enrich Miles
  • 3,027 NZ Airpoints Dollars
With Velocity it costs 139,000 points for 1x business class ticket to Europe, one-way. With Asia Miles it's 85,000 miles one-way or 170,000 miles return if you fly with Cathay Pacific, so you have enough points for one ticket.

With KrisFlyer you need 116,000 miles one-way for business class to Europe, but this reduces to 88,000 miles if you fly to somewhere like Istanbul, Larnaca, Tbilisi, Tel Aviv, Casablanca or Marrakech. So, you'd have enough for 1x return ticket if you choose your destination carefully.

As @Dr Ralph says, you need more points. But if you want to book now, your options are basically:
  1. Book one ticket on points and pay for the second ticket; or,
  2. Redeem points for 2x return business class tickets to Asia and pay for (cheap) return business class tickets from Asia to Europe. There are often good round-trip deals to Europe from Jakarta, Bangkok, Manila, etc.

Where are you flying from? You're going to struggle with that number of points.

Churn some more cards :)
From Melbourne.
Yep looks like I'm going to have to accumulate some more cards and points, or just go with one ticket.

Well, 545,000 Westpac Altitude points are worth:
  • 181,667 Velocity points
  • 181,667 KrisFlyer miles
  • 181,667 Asia Miles
  • 181,667 Enrich Miles
  • 3,027 NZ Airpoints Dollars
With Velocity it costs 139,000 points for 1x business class ticket to Europe, one-way. With Asia Miles it's 85,000 miles one-way or 170,000 miles return if you fly with Cathay Pacific, so you have enough points for one ticket.

With KrisFlyer you need 116,000 miles one-way for business class to Europe, but this reduces to 88,000 miles if you fly to somewhere like Istanbul, Larnaca, Tbilisi, Tel Aviv, Casablanca or Marrakech. So, you'd have enough for 1x return ticket if you choose your destination carefully.

As @Dr Ralph says, you need more points. But if you want to book now, your options are basically:
  1. Book one ticket on points and pay for the second ticket; or,
  2. Redeem points for 2x return business class tickets to Asia and pay for (cheap) return business class tickets from Asia to Europe. There are often good round-trip deals to Europe from Jakarta, Bangkok, Manila, etc.
Many thanks for those options.

Could deals for Asia become cheaper as they look to attract business back their way?
Don't mind the idea of Istanbul, Casablanca or Marrakech as well.
I will investigate what is out there using those tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back