500 bonus QF points for loading $150 onto Qantas Cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is targeted however the link works fine for me, and it specifically says in the T&Cs that you need to register by clicking on the link in the email OR simply by going to the address I linked to. I didn't get an email myself but was able to register.

From the T&Cs on the page I linked to:
To be eligible for the bonus 500 Qantas Points you must register by clicking on the 'Register Now' button in the email promoting the offer or register at qantascash.com/500points and load $150 in Australian Dollars or equivalent in foreign currency in one transaction to your Qantas Cash facility by 29th August 2015. This offer may be extended and may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer can only be redeemed once per person.

Just loaded $150 onto my card :)

Spend it? It doesn't cost anything to use, and you get 0.5 points per dollar. Better than nothing.

ok, thanks. Just wondering about costs vs points and the opportunity cost of using a CC- Citi gives 1 point and Amex gives at least 1, so best to use it anywhere where I was only going to get the minimum points on a CC :)

ok, thanks. Just wondering about costs vs points and the opportunity cost of using a CC- Citi gives 1 point and Amex gives at least 1, so best to use it anywhere where I was only going to get the minimum points on a CC :)

Assuming that you loaded $150 and get the 500 bonus points, just think of it as earning 3.8 points per dollar. ;)

What's the best way to get the $ off this card, if I may?

Transfer the money back into your bank account:)...or go to ATM and withdraw $150!

Last edited:
Perfect timing! Heading to Singapore for a few days and wasn't going to need much cash. Thanks for sharing!

You could also spend the $150 on eGift vouchers (5 bonus points per $), if any of them float your boat (Myer, DJ's, iCrap, Priceline, JB's).

Hmmm, don't think I have a card?
How long would it take to come. We leave in 2 weeks.

Hmmm, don't think I have a card?
How long would it take to come. We leave in 2 weeks.

If you have a citibank debit or 28 Degrees - much better options for your cash/purchases (respectively) overseas. The 5%+ you get slugged with conversion fees for any of the travel cash cards is rarely worth it.

If you have a citibank debit or 28 Degrees - much better options for your cash/purchases (respectively) overseas. The 5%+ you get slugged with conversion fees for any of the travel cash cards is rarely worth it.

I usually just use my debit card for withdrawals. Never have had any trouble in UK & Europe.
This time we will be travelling to the USA

I usually just use my debit card for withdrawals. Never have had any trouble in UK & Europe.
This time we will be travelling to the USA

Debit cards are also fine in the USA - no problems.

The main thing is the type of debit card. If you have a citibank debit card, there are no currency conversion fees, no commissions, and no other charges on foregn currency. You save around 3-4% on every transaction compared to a regular credit card, and your savings are even greater when compared to something like Qantas cash, where the difference can be 5% or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back