Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
The Bankwest Qantas Platinum credit card is currently offering 50,000 bonus Qantas points with new sign-ups.

You'd get 40,000 Qantas points for spending at least $3,000 within the first 90 days. Keep the card open for at least 15 months to get another 10,000 bonus points. Here are the full offer T&Cs:

Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Qantas Points promotion only available to eligible new Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard customers who have not opened a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard in the last 24 months ($3,000 minimum credit limit) and apply from 17 June 2021 until the promotion ends and are approved. To be eligible for 50,000 Bonus Points you must meet the minimum spend requirements within three months of account opening. 40,000 Bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within five months of account opening and are subject to change. To be eligible for 10,000 Bonus Points you must keep your card account open for 15 months. 10,000 Bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within 17 months of account opening and subject to change. Your card must remain open for points to be transferred. You are not eligible for this promotion if you upgrade or vary your existing Bankwest credit card to a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.

This card has no foreign transaction fees. Annual fee is $160. The card earns 0.75 Qantas points per $1 on the first $2,500 spent per month, dropping to 0.3 points per dollar thereafter.

Beware that anyone who has held this card within the last 24 months is not eligible for the bonus points.

$160 for 40,000 points isn't going to attract many.

Fair call. I'm considering it, but only because I'm looking for a points-earning alternative to the ANZ Travel Adventures card that doesn't have foreign transaction fees anyway.

Agree with Dr. Ralph. Plus they're difficult to deal with.

Fair call. I'm considering it, but only because I'm looking for a points-earning alternative to the ANZ Travel Adventures card that doesn't have foreign transaction fees anyway.

I had a horrid time getting the CBA Ultimate card (see thread), but I did and is no fee providing you spend $2500 per month (otherwise $35 fee). For that you get 90k CBA rewards and 30k more if held for 12 months. That (if holding for a year) converts 60k VFF bonus points + another 15k on spend or 48k QFF points plus spend. And it has the free foreign Transactions.

I like you like the ANZ Travelers rewards card for that reason, and despite my comment above held a basic platinum card with Bankwest for a while which was also fee free with no limits and had free foreign transactions - but no points earning. I used it purely for O/S transactions when I had it.

Dont know if Bankwest will up the bonus points... the great bonus points offer of 2019 might not happen again (I missed out on that one)... hmm.

trying to achieve points club.currently which are the qantas earning credit cards that it is easy to be approved for and for which one can obtain introductory sign up bonuses expeditiously?

Eligibility: "New customers only and you must not have opened a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard in the last 24 months."

This is slightly confusing. I did have a Bankwest Qantas Transaction account I closed a couple of months back. This account had a Bankwest debit Mastercard. So I wonder if I were to apply that A) I'm considered a new customer and B) is the debit Mastercard I used with their transaction account going to make me ineligible?

Eligibility: "New customers only and you must not have opened a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard in the last 24 months."

This is slightly confusing. I did have a Bankwest Qantas Transaction account I closed a couple of months back. This account had a Bankwest debit Mastercard. So I wonder if I were to apply that A) I'm considered a new customer and B) is the debit Mastercard I used with their transaction account going to make me ineligible?

I don’t believe your transaction account would make you ineligible for this offer.

I applied for the credit card while also having a transaction account open and still got the bonus QFF points.

You now apparently have to keep it for 15 months to get *any* points so they're clearly excluding churners along with the 24 months wait setting a new (poor) record.

Looks like the big Qantas World Mastercard bonus points offer is just a one-off at this point (that was in 2019). Doesn't appear to show up anytime soon.

Must have cost them a lot during that period.

You now apparently have to keep it for 15 months to get *any* points so they're clearly excluding churners along with the 24 months wait setting a new (poor) record.

That doesnt appear accurate

To be eligible for 40,000 bonus Qantas Points you must spend $3,000 or more on eligible purchases within 90 days. 40,000 bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within five months of account opening and are subject to change.
To be eligible for 10,000 bonus Points you must keep your card account open for 15 months. 10,000 bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within 17 months of account opening and subject to change.

One query I had is that "foreign exchange purchases" are excluded as an eligible purchase for earning points. I assume that doesn't mean foreign transactions?

Thanks. The headline is poorly written then - "Spend $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days and keep your card open for over 15 months." $160 for 40 QFF isn't so appealing.

I am churning two other cards currently that need to be open for 3 and 4 months to get the full refund so it's an unwelcome trend.

At least you can get a low $3k credit limit on this one if you want.

I just applied for it as it'll be a good card to use while travelling and some points are better than none.

This bonus is around again (to bump an old thread)
however just wondering in terms of this in the T&C

the 'not opened in last 24 months'. Do they mean the start date or having one held? I think I should be fine, cancelled Word Mastercard around July 2022.

Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Qantas Points promotion only available to eligible new Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard customers who have not opened a Bankwest Qantas Mastercard in the last 24 months ($3,000 minimum credit limit) and apply from 17 June 2021 until the promotion ends and are approved. To be eligible for 50,000 Bonus Points you must meet the minimum spend requirements within three months of account opening. 40,000 Bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within five months of account opening and are subject to change. To be eligible for 10,000 Bonus Points you must keep your card account open for 15 months. 10,000 Bonus Qantas Points are transferred to your account within 17 months of account opening and subject to change. Your card must remain open for points to be transferred. You are not eligible for this promotion if you upgrade or vary your existing Bankwest credit card to a Bankwest Qantas Platinum Mastercard.

Back