40,000 Reward Points on Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card ($150 Fee / $0 if Cust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Member

Established Member
Altitude Platinum Rewards Credit Card - Personal Credit Cards | Westpac

• 40,000 bonus Qantas or Altitude points on a new Altitude Platinum credit card (1k spend in 90 days)
  • Offer ends 11 April 2016.
  • 0.00% p.a. for 14 months on balance transfers requested at card application. Rate then switches to standard variable purchase rate
  • $0 annual fee in the first year for existing Westpac customers who apply via westpac.com.au and click on the Westpac customers 'Apply now’ button. New cards only. Offer ends 11 April 2016. See 'Things you should know' section below for this promotion's terms and conditions.
  • Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible for this offer.
  • If you choose Altitude Rewards:
    2 Altitude Points - Altitude Platinum American Express® Card
    1 Altitude Point - Altitude Platinum Visa Card
    For each statement cycle a points cap of 7,500 Altitude Points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
  • If you choose Altitude Qantas:
    1 Qantas Point - Altitude Platinum American Express® Card
    0.5 Qantas Points - Altitude Platinum Visa Card
    For each statement cycle a points cap of 3,750 Qantas Points applies when using either or both cards. Bonus points do not count towards the points cap.
  • Complimentary insurance cover.
  • Up to 45 days interest free on purchases when you pay the closing balance (including any promotional balance transfer amount) in full by the due date shown on your statement
  • Minimum card limit $6,000
  • Recommended income to apply $30,000.
Note: "Existing Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA customers currently holding a credit card or have closed a credit card within the previous twelve months from card activation are not eligible for this offer." i.e. 40k bonus points

Re: 40,000 Reward Points on Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card ($150 Fee / $0 if C

The Westpac Reward Saver has no such requirement. If you are not a Westpac customer already that is the one to open fee free.

Re: 40,000 Reward Points on Westpac Altitude Platinum Credit Card ($150 Fee / $0 if C

The Westpac Reward Saver has no such requirement. If you are not a Westpac customer already that is the one to open fee free.

Thanks, that's much better. Just opened one, and it was rather quick and painless.

Whilst the Reward Saver has no monthly fee, there seems to be no way of withdrawing money from it without incurring a $2.50 fee. However, since there doesn't appear to be any obligation to make a deposit, I guess it doesn't matter. :)

longtime westpac customer, nice to see this.

webform failed the first go around. second time was smooth, conditionally approved pending payslips.

However, since there doesn't appear to be any obligation to make a deposit, I guess it doesn't matter. :)
This is correct.
The deal isn't actually new. Applied last month for the deposit account which took minutes. Then applied for the CC the next day. Approved and cards sent within the week, very easy.
Total money spent: $0 :D

This is correct.
The deal isn't actually new. Applied last month for the deposit account which took minutes. Then applied for the CC the next day. Approved and cards sent within the week, very easy.
Total money spent: $0 :D

Have you got the bonus points yet? If so, what was the turnaround time?

Altitude Platinum Rewards Credit Card - Personal Credit Cards | Westpac

Note: "Existing Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA customers currently holding a credit card or have closed a credit card within the previous twelve months from card activation are not eligible for this offer." i.e. 40k bonus points

If my wife has a Westpac card and I am an additional cardholder, will this make me inelligible?

Just curious will the 40k bonus applies to the black card too? I'm more interested in the black rather than the platinum

I've applied anyway, but if I'm reading it right, the "40,000 bonus points" and "no annual fee for the first year" are two different offers and are mutually exclusive.....

^$0 annual fee in first year for existing Westpac customers promotion: To be eligible for this promotion you must be an existing Westpac customer that applies for a new Low Rate, Altitude, Altitude Platinum or Altitude Black card by clicking on the Westpac customers 'Apply now’ button via westpac.com.au or westpac.com.au/mobile between 1 March 2016 and 11 April 2016. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packages cards are ineligible. Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion other than the current balance transfer available at card application, or any bonus points offer. The first annual fee will be debited on the 12 month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter on the anniversary of the first annual fee.

*Special points promotion: The bonus points promotion is available when you apply for a new Altitude Platinum card between 1 March 2016 and 11 April 2016 and spend the minimum amount of $1000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval on one or more transactions. Eligible purchases do not include fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds and balance transfers debited from the card account. The bonus points depend on your choice of Rewards Program. The bonus Altitude Points or Qantas Points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria being met. Switches, upgrades and customers accessing employee benefits are ineligible. This promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion other than a special balance transfer rate at card application. Existing Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA customers currently holding a credit card or have closed a credit card within the previous twelve months from card activation are not eligible for this offer.

Not quite, you could be an existing customer who hasn't owned a card for a year!

Anyone received any QFF points to their accounts yet?

Anyone received any QFF points to their accounts yet?

Too early for me yet. I only received the cards last week, and only hit the required spend a few days ago.

Meanwhile, the bonus points offer has been extended until 1/5/16, and some key wording in the fine print now says a less ambiguous, "Offer not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.westpac.com.au."

Has anyone successfully applied for the card after opening an online saver account to have the fee waived?

Is there a way to check the calculation of the points on the westpac internet banking portal? It's such a terrible interface.

I spent (and paid off) the $1000 within the first few days of having the card and received no notification.

So, I applied for this credit card after opening the online saver. Unfortunately after applying for the cc I forgot that my company authorized me for a corporate credit card. It's not actually my card, it's the company's - does anyone know if this means I don't qualify for the signup bonus?

Further muddying the waters, I have never picked up the corporate card, nor activated it. In fact, when I went to pick it up, the bank had lost it, so technically I don't have and never have had their card...

Any advice besides the obvious (keep better track of your s^&t)? Does anyone know the best number to call to ask if I qualify, as it seems no one at Westpac knows about sign up bonuses.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the best number to call to ask if I qualify, as it seems no one at Westpac knows about sign up bonuses.

I just dug out my "welcome pack". The only 'phone number that I can see is 1300 859 100, which is the same number that's on the back of my card. If 13 / 1300 numbers suck for you, try (03) 6345 1146, which is the on the back of the card as the number to call from overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back