Card Promotions 40,000 Qantas Points to upgrade from Qantas Discovery to Ultimate CC - AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

_flyer

Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Amex appear to be offering 40,000 Qantas points when you upgrade to the Amex Qantas Ultimate CC from the Discovery CC, not sure if it is targeted or not. You must already hold a Discovery CC with Amex.

Follow link to upgrade -

Be mindful there is a $450 annual fee which is offset by a $450 Qantas Travel Credit (plus 2 QF & 2 Amex lounge passes)

Might be useful for some, particular those who are going to buy a flight with QF in the near future anyways.

Be mindful there is a $450 annual fee which is offset by a $450 Qantas Travel Credit (plus 2 QF & 2 Amex lounge passes)

Might be useful for some, particular those who are going to buy a flight with QF in the near future anyways.

I doubt this would be an advantage for many given the travel uncertainty because of COVID-19.

From the T&Cs of the offer: This offer is only available to eligible Card Members who received a direct upgrade invitation from American Express.

From the T&Cs of the offer: This offer is only available to eligible Card Members who received a direct upgrade invitation from American Express.
i didnt see that part but clicked on link and logged in and seen offer so screen printed and applied got approved straight away so hopefully they will honour it. i think might call once i get the new card in the mail and confirm i will get the 40k before spending 3k.

i didnt see that part but clicked on link and logged in and seen offer so screen printed and applied got approved straight away so hopefully they will honour it. i think might call once i get the new card in the mail and confirm i will get the 40k before spending 3k.

if you get lucky and get the points within a month, I might consider applying

i think it will take me longer to up to 3 months for me to spend 3k. maybe someone else can report back sooner as wife is now considering applying for the upgrade too but it needs to be done by august 31st just do a screen print of offer when logged in when you apply.

I received a very appealing offer today
"Plus, for a limited time, enjoy 60,000 Bonus Points and $200 Back when you apply for an upgrade by 15 March 2021 and spend $3,000 in the first three months."

Don't mind if I do

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I t s good deal. I got my 40 k bonus points now I wonder if I down grade will they offer a prorated annual fee refund? Also if i wait to march and upgrade again will I get this new offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back