2FOR1CC Offer - Only 1 Velocity member allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leemin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
Just booked a flight under the Virgin Flyer 2FOR1CC offer.

Was told by the DJ call center rep that due to T&Cs, the second 'free' passenger's Velocity details cannot be entered into the booking.

Is this correct?

I can't find it anywhere in Velocity or Virgin Money T&Cs and it doesn't fit with issues I have read on AFF about people incorrectly having flight segments deducted from their Velocity Flyer account as the secondary passenger on someone else's booking. i.e. For the latter issue to arise, my question shouldn't exist..

Any advise would be appreciated.

Was told by the DJ call center rep that due to T&Cs, the second 'free' passenger's Velocity details cannot be entered into the booking.

Is this correct?

I can't find it anywhere in Velocity or Virgin Money T&Cs and it doesn't fit with issues I have read on AFF about people incorrectly having flight segments deducted from their Velocity Flyer account as the secondary passenger on someone else's booking. i.e. For the latter issue to arise, my question shouldn't exist..

They may not be able to do it, but nothing stops you going into the booking and entering it yourself (but beware of doing this is they are a Virgin Flyer CC holder themselves!)

They may not be able to do it, but nothing stops you going into the booking and entering it yourself (but beware of doing this is they are a Virgin Flyer CC holder themselves!)

I did this quite successfully.
SC's pooled to my account automatically :)

Is this correct?

They rep is incorrect. You can do it - one time they tried to tell me that I couldn't and I responded to the effect that "I've done it before" and then they said OK. Alternatively, as the others suggest do it online.

These are technically half price fares, not a paid + free one. So that means you get half points, but full SC's for both pax. But you also get to pay both CC fares on them :)

Good to know you each earn full SCs - but do you get half points for your fare only, or do both pax earn half points on each of their fares respectively? The latter would make sense given your total spend on the fares, but I haven't yet been able to see any confirmation on this.

The most frustrating thing about this deal is the 21 day limit - would be great if this were reduced to something a bit more reasonable, if not 4 hours prior to departure like the complimentary fare upgrades.

Here's a curly one - can the 2for1 be combined with the WP comp upgrades on flexi fares? Has anyone done this? Might have to put in a call to them...

Yes you can. Will be flying this way on Sunday. For the love of all that's fun don't ask them about it though!!! Two separate numbers and two separate departments. Do it as a two step process and you will be fine.

Here's a curly one - can the 2for1 be combined with the WP comp upgrades on flexi fares? Has anyone done this? Might have to put in a call to them...

Done it here too. You can even call and ensure the upgrades are available before booking.

Thanks all. I suspected this was the case but the booking engine was down earlier so I couldn't manage the booking online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back