25% Bonus on Transfers to Hilton Hhonors

Status
Not open for further replies.

crow

I tried to take advantage of the 25% bonus points on transfer from Membership rewards to Hilton Honors which is available from 1st October, 2008 to 31st December, 2008.

It says on the Amex website that the bonus points would be posted to your Hilton Hhonors account 2 weeks after the transfer.

A month after the transfer with no bunus I rang Membership Rewards. They said ring Hilton Hhonors so I rang them. They said they had not heard of the offer ring American Express membership rewards.

So I rang Membership Rewards again and they said ring Hilton Hhonors. I explained that I had already so the consultant rang Hilton Hhonors and they could not find the offer. She waited on hold for 20 minutes while she had me on hold and they could not find any reference to it. Eventually she spoke to a supervisor at Hilton Hhonors and gave him my number and account details so he could ring me and fix it when they found it.

Guess what no call back.

I rang Membership rewards again, explained what has happened and gave all my details and basically said just sort it out between yourselves and Hilton Honors, fix it and ring me back when it is fixed.

I am still waiting!!!

Has anyone had any success with this?

I have no idea about this bonus but my suggestion is be tough with Amex. If someone can not fix you the problem, as a supervisor. If a supervisor can not help you, tell them you want cancel your card and you will be transferred to the top level supervisor. Usually they are very helpful and could help you stright away.
Most of Amex consultants are very nice but less helpful so you need talk to a supervisor to get your problem fixed.

Another Amex blunder similar to the SPG rate earlier this year? Maybe not many people are transferring their MR points to HHonors.

It may have slowed down during this year while the SPG rate was 100:60 ...

Normally, 1 AX MR = 1 HH.

During the SPG "promo":
  • 33,400 AXMR = 20,000 SPG
  • 20,000 SPG = 25,000 AA miles
  • 25,000 AA Miles = 50,000 HH
  • So, during the SPG 'promo':
    • 33,400 AX = 50,000 HH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back