FuzzyAUS

Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Silver
Oneworld
Emerald
Hi Everyone,

Just kicking off a new thread for this year..

============================================================================
Ill update the list below as much as possible

2016 Benefits List

(nothing new, ill edit as something comes out, if I miss something please let me know

Last edited:
Could we just list the benefits on the first page and edit it throughout the year? Seems awfully tedious to follow the thread for bits and pieces.

How about listing the benefits rather than just "claiming" the thread? ;)

When they release something new, then yeah I think that's a great idea :)

I want to get as much value out of the cards moving forward, I am to blame too, but don't like that my RM hasn't contacted me in 2 years now

Could we just list the benefits on the first page and edit it throughout the year? Seems awfully tedious to follow the thread for bits and pieces.

Fantastic idea, ill see if the admins can allow me to edit my original post and ill keep adding things in throughout the year

Fantastic idea, ill see if the admins can allow me to edit my original post and ill keep adding things in throughout the year

Unfortunately, not possible, but you can post in the thread and a moderator can take the text and edit the original post ;)

Maybe grab the 2015 benefits and then we can edit accordingly? Possibly confirm with Centurion members as we go along. I'd love to confirm them, but I haven't got an invite yet ;)

Maybe grab the 2015 benefits and then we can edit accordingly? Possibly confirm with Centurion members as we go along. I'd love to confirm them, but I haven't got an invite yet ;)

Lucky you! Buy yourself a nice watch instead. Every year...

Hi Folks - asking for a buddy on this one. I'm trying to ascertain whether the Centurion SL Golden Circle Diamond Membership is a once off (1-2 Years?) thing... or, if it is good for the life of the Centurion account? Would anyone who has opted in for this benefit happen to know the answer?

Cheers,
Matt.

I received the invite, I had been a member up to about 2.5 years ago and downgraded. Very much considering accepting again as spend and travel will most definitely be at least doubled for coming few years and will much more frequently access benefits... however they seem to have been really cut down from when I held it before and currently when compared to the Plat Charge... so outside of the following additional Centurion Benefits vs Platinum Charge, what is there available??
-Emirates Gold
-En Route/Chauffeur
-Relais & Chateaux
-AVIS/Hertz next highest tier

Those can't be the only differences?

Any advise from current cardholders, very much appreciated...
Cheers

I've taken up the offer recently and been happy so far. Extra benefits from above include Diamond Golden Circle (also got a $US 500 credit to use at Shangri La, access to VA lounges by flashing the card ( Supp holders get this as well). Access to real savings on J fares on several airlines. I've also snagged a good RM who does everything possible to maximise benefits. So far she has comped me a chauffeur service when not entitled and arranged for a free bottle of bubbly when Mrs Ben and I got away for the weekend.

On my last trip to Asia, the partnership with Shangri La has saved me over USD $800 and made my stay at their properties much more enjoyable. My platinum membership with ACCOR is also treating me well. If I was not travelling frequently the annual fee would be very hard to justify. I have not yet experienced any super delals on J airfares through amex though.

On my last trip to Asia, the partnership with Shangri La has saved me over USD $800 and made my stay at their properties much more enjoyable. My platinum membership with ACCOR is also treating me well. If I was not travelling frequently the annual fee would be very hard to justify. I have not yet experienced any super delals on J airfares through amex though.

Does Centurion give you discounts at Shangri La, or do they have you various free dining credits etc?

They do the occasional pomotions. The last one was a USD $500 credit at selected Shangri-La properties in Asia.
The complimentary Diamond Golden Circle status is great, especially when it includes access to the club lounges. Shangri La do some great targeted promos for their Diamond status loyalty members as well, which I would not have without having an AMEX Centurion card.

I priced a J revenue seat return to Shanghai recently on SQ and through my RM got a price $500 under anything I could find, was very impressed!!

Care to share dates and price Ben?

Sorry CE, would be happy to but it was a few months ago and I didn't record the details. The specific trip was Melbourne to Chengdu, then Shanghai to Melbourne. When I priced it myself and through our travel agent fare was circa $5,300 and was circa $4,800 via Centurion. The flip side is recent trip I booked to Beijing and from Shanghai, there was an SQ promo, so Centurion could not do better.

I'm not totally convinced the cost of the card is fully justified but I am enjoying the almost universal "we have upgraded your room/car Mr Ben" !!

For your benefit CE, still using points on some flights and looking forward to an R/F flight home from Shanghai next week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back