2015 Amex Centurion Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessed11

Hi All,

So it's 2015 and I thought it's time for a new thread! I'm yet to see any new benefits from Centurion for a long while now. I usually receive champagne at xmas from my RM but got nothing this year, not that I care but it's the thought that counts. My expenditure had increased on the previous year. Any rumoured new benefits?

Cheers

Well.....I said "goodbye" to my old friend, Centurion, last week. I just couldn't justify the 5k fee any longer - the decreasing benefits, and the narrowing gap between the Centurion card and the Plat Charge card.
I have downgraded to the Plat Charge - I can live with the $1200 fee for it.
I will miss the Centurion card, but I won't miss the $5k fee - or the "gee it's heavy" comment every time I handed it over ! Lol
Interestingly, my account manager pretty much admitted to me that the card wasn't worth the fee anymore, and that there were more "changes" on the way.
Cheers,
Brooke

Welcome back to the real world ;)...... CITI SIGNATURE for free or PRESTIGE might be worth a look?

Interestingly, my account manager pretty much admitted to me that the card wasn't worth the fee anymore, and that there were more "changes" on the way.

Let's see if AMEX Australia will follow Apple and increase all annual fees by 25% citing FX fluctuation :)

With the Plat Charge they already have. $1200/$900 = 33% increase!

And the reality is many of their benefits (eg Priority Pass, insurance etc) are priced in USD so probably have

With the Plat Charge they already have. $1200/$900 = 33% increase!

Guys - let's not forget that AMEX increased the annual fee from $900 to $1200 when the dollar was actually above parity... now that it's down to 76c let's hope they don't "adjust" the annual fee accordingly...!!

One more benefit gone: 65,000 points/night for the Wolgan Valley Resort (normally ~$2k/night).

That's via Emirates Gold and was in my opinion the most useful feature of that partnership.

Hi guys, my first post here.

I've been offered a Centurion Card from AMEX and weighing up (just like most others on the site) if it's worth the additional dough.

I holiday around 3 ~ 4 times a year, both international and interstate (based in Melbourne) and I have been using the Fine Hotels Resorts (FHR) quite a bit over the last 2 years.

AMEX gave me a call and sent me an application form for the Centurion last week - and I'm considering it not only because I need to write off some money before the end of the financial, but I can offer some of my staff one of the 4 x complimentary Platinum cards which come with the Centurion, of which they can access the FHR program, Virgin lounge access and other privileges which come with the card, which will be a nice perk for them.

Just a few questions at this stage.

1. Are the points reset after every year?
2. Does the card affect your status with Virgin or Qantas (for example, I'm a 'Red' status with Virgin at the moment) does a Centurion allow you access to a higher tier of airline status?
3. Does the card affect your status with Starwood / Hyatt / Carlson / Accor any better than the status I already have with the Platinum card?

Cheers

MR Fitz how are we? congrats on the offer

1. Points reset - your balance remains the same and adds on (not too sure what you are referring to - cap?)
2. Yes - i get one Qantas Club membership. No use to me anyway being a WP but i give it to a supp member. Virgin you get lounge access but no status. Also the reduced Amex fares
3. Starwood Gold. Nothing with Hyatt. Club Carson yes you do get a higher status but ive never used it. Accor no. Hilton Diamond. Received an email a few days ago giving Shang ri La Diamond for this year.

Kind regards
Token01

Ill double check tonight. Sigh if it has. might explain the new Shangri La offering

I have a question re the Peninsula FHR benefits. If I book a room for 2 nights using my card I will receive the extra US 200 dollars benefit. If I then book another 2 nights using my spouse's supplementary card ( different surname) will I receive another 200 dollar benefit, or will it be considered the same booking?
Thanks in advance.

You can give them the plat card and get access to lounges
no it's not worth it.

Thanks Token01 :)

I've since accepted the card. It arrived yesterday in a beautiful box. (All I did was fill in the application form they sent me last week and they must have processed it straight away).

2 x Cent for me - one for business spending and one for pleasure, 1 x supplementary Cent for my gf. 4 x Platinum will be ordered for my staff.

Going through the list of benefits at the moment... last day of financial year today, so I'd better stop playing and actually do some work ;)

I'll post an entire list (as I understand it over the next few days).

Confirming HHonors is Diamond Status with Cent... Details are below:

BENEFITS OF HHONORS DIAMOND STATUS INCLUDE:

• A room upgrade (subject to availability)
  • Accelerated earn rate on base points (50% bonus)
  • Guaranteed room availability
The HHonors program is the only guest rewards program that offers both Points & Miles® for the same stay, with no blackout dates. Earn hotel points and airline miles with more than 50 airline partners for stays at more than 3,000 Hilton family hotels worldwide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shang is also Diamond

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BENEFITS OF SHANG DIAMOND MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE:

• 8am early check-in / 6pm late check-out (subject to availability)*
• Priority upgrade to the next available best room category
• Horizon Club Lounge Access, includes all day dining & refreshments
• Choice of 3 welcome amenities, including a complimentary bottle of red or white wine
• One complimentary suit-press
• Complimentary daily breakfast for two
• Earn 50% bonus on Golden Circle points
• 48 hour room availability guarantee (restrictions apply)**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers :)

Decided to bite the dust and got the Centurion card again. Just wondering if
  • anyone has got an Amex Business Platinum as second card for free, for GsT separation
  • does the partner credit care need to by the Edge or Reserve, or can it be the Velocity ones which an earn 1 per dollar for ATO
  • can Hilton and emirates be gifted to someone else, I already have them

Overall, I am pleased, with 60% business use, the card comes to $3500 for me. The insurance is worth $1000, as it covers a few of my family members. The heavy card and the comments received on that is worth $1000. The hotel benefits are worth $500 or even more, depending on how much you travel and what memberships you already have. The airfares... There is quite a bit to save. I got a fare of $4500 Sydney to AuH on Etihad, normally $5500, and no. Fast track... The concierge can be very useful if used in the right way.

I am still happy with the Centurion card and can justify the annual fee. The more you travel (especially overseas), the more value you can unlock, well that has been my experinence.

At first, I thought having dedicated Relationship Manager (RM) would be great, although I hardly hear from mine unless I call. This is an area that I think AMEX could easily improved on.

Being offered the Centurion card ( twice) is how I discovered this site.
Annual spend notwithstanding , the (then) $5k annual fee was too expensive for the benefits I could have accessed.

What are peoples $ spend and categories spend %s approx. to be getting Centurion invites if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back