2000 Bonus points for adding supplementary card holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibspmuh

I've noticed since yesterday that ads have been popping up for me on the American Express website, variously offering 2000 points for adding supplementary card holders to my Platinum Credit Card or my Gold Charge Card, and both with no additional annual fees. Might be worth taking a look if there's anyone you're inclined to trust with a spare card anyway! :D

The future of my Amex card is higly dependent on their answers to my "Please Explain why you cancelled my card last week", and "Please explain why you didn't tell me, and I only found out after calling you when it was declined".

Strike three Amex.

I've noticed since yesterday that ads have been popping up for me on the American Express website, variously offering 2000 points for adding supplementary card holders to my Platinum Credit Card or my Gold Charge Card, and both with no additional annual fees. Might be worth taking a look if there's anyone you're inclined to trust with a spare card anyway! :D

gibsmuh,
Are these ads popping up only after you have logged in to your account?
And do you already have any supps on either of those cards?
I don't seem to have been targetted for this offer.:(
And I am looking to add a supp or 2 soon.

Feel free to add me as a supp card holder.

I promise to be very reasonable with my spending;)

I do not appear to have been offered this deal.

ejb

gibsmuh,
Are these ads popping up only after you have logged in to your account?
And do you already have any supps on either of those cards?
I don't seem to have been targetted for this offer.:(
And I am looking to add a supp or 2 soon.

For me they've been appearing on the screen that comes up after you log out of your account. You might need to refresh that screen a few times as it cycles through all the different ads. See below for an example of the Gold Charge Card:

AU_EN_300_GoldRCPSupp2.gif

And here's the Platinum Credit Card:

AU_EN_300_PlatGRCCSupp2.gif

I got an email weeks ago for 2000 points per David Jones American Express Supplementary Card applied before 31 March 2010.

For me they've been appearing on the screen that comes up after you log out of your account. You might need to refresh that screen a few times as it cycles through all the different ads. See below for an example of the Gold Charge Card:

And here's the Platinum Credit Card:

Won't seem to come up for me.

Any chance of you presiing the link on your screen to copy the url here to see if other Plats can use it?
Thanks if you can.

For me they've been appearing on the screen that comes up after you log out of your account. You might need to refresh that screen a few times as it cycles through all the different ads.

Thanks gibsmuh! Worked for my Plat charge.
The link took me to a pdf application form, and I notice one of the office codes is different from the generic form. The offer is so obscurely placed, I think it would be prudent to check with Amex before I apply.

Last edited:
Are you sure the address for the supplementary Gold Charge card is linked to this promotion? American Express told me it must have a source code to trigger the bonus points. They also told me it's not a targeted promotion and that all non-bank Amex cards, even Qantas/David Jones products, qualify.

Are you sure the address for the supplementary Gold Charge card is linked to this promotion? American Express told me it must have a source code to trigger the bonus points. They also told me it's not a targeted promotion and that all non-bank Amex cards, even Qantas/David Jones products, qualify.

Yep, the standard Gold Charge Card form can be found at http://www.americanexpress.com/australia/pdfs/Gold_ChargeCards_Supp.pdf and features the following codes under the "Office Use Only" secion of the form:

S/C: 9L04220A01
PDT: 604/4

the one linked above includes different codes in the "Office Use Only" section of the form:

S/C: 0L5725OA01

PDT: 604/4
S T : RCPSUPP

Feel free to add me as a supp card holder.

I promise to be very reasonable with my spending;)

It's a pity dogs and cats can't get a supp card of their own ;)

Isn't the max number of supp Plat credit card cardholders 50? That's a lot of points if you can find 50 friend you can trust enough to receive and cut up a card...

Finally, the 2K bonus offer appears on the bottom of my 'transaction listing'. It is the first time I have seen it today and I did apply for my whole family (mum + dad + 2 x brothers + 2 x sisters) ..... they won't need the card so I guess it is a free 12K MR points.

I did not see any T&C's regarding this, so is there a minimum spend/transaction? and what is the time frame for the 2K points to post? Anyone with any updates with their situation?

Applied... I wonder when they will credit the bonus.

Usual story with AMEX, I applied for a secondary card in mid-late March with this promotion. Card approved, activated and transactions processed on it. To date, still no 2000 bonus points. Why is it with nearly all AMEX bonus point promotions, does one need to spend endless minutes speaking to the Phillipines or Mumbai to get what should have been rightly forthcoming anyway?!?

Why is it with nearly all AMEX bonus point promotions, does one need to spend endless minutes speaking to the Phillipines or Mumbai to get what should have been rightly forthcoming anyway?!?

A very long time since I spoke to someone outside Australia when calling Amex.

Anyone got a form the link for the Qantas Ultimate??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back