20% Bonus Miles on Transfer to VS (Virgin Atlantic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
futaris said:
Not a bad promo, especially as you can get Virgin Atlantic Silver Status for free too

Thanks for that futaris - I would have never found it buried in the HHonors forum. I tried it out and found using the method suggested in the thread that silver is easily obtainable for existing members.

Unfortunately they still have the stupid restriction about not being able to redeem at all for SQ Business and First class.

It is a shame that this is restricted because the redemption rates are pretty good. The restriction is only on the Australian website. I wonder if you could 'move' to the UK and try to ticket it by ringing the UK call centre.

Virgin Atlantic Airways - Popup

DOUBLE MILES IN DISCOUNT ECONOMY

Fly on one of our discount economy fares before 28 February 2010 and we'll give you double Flying Club miles.

The Great Pop over to Britain sale is back, for a limited time only. Fly from Sydney to London from only $1641 inclusive of tax. Does Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Manchester or Glasgow take your fancy? You can fly to these exciting cities from most Australia cities from a mere $1781, inclusive of tax. Don't delay, book by 7 September 2009.
As an added bonus you can now earn double miles when you fly to London or Hong Kong in discount economy, until 28 Febuary 2010. For example,if you fly to London you'll earn enough miles to get you to New Zealand and back.

See you on board soon,
The Flying Club Team

Eric Cartman said:
G** Dammit!

I would have liked to transfer 20% less points to get my Upper Class award in early Dec, but given that the availability appeared to be disappearing faster than the beer at my uni pub, I couldn't wait any longer. :(:(:(

Damn Murphy. I'm going to get him one day.....

Slightly OT - but does anyone know how long it actually takes for points to be transferred to Virgin Atlantic from Amex? The Amex site says to give 5 business days (do they hand deliver them?!) but Virgin Altantic will hold a flight for 72 hours only.

I just transferred and got a flight held, so I'm hoping they go through in time as availability is running out.

BTW the Virgin Atlantic points required were half that of oneworld (12,500 from NYC to LHR, vs 25,000 on AA/BA).

Cheers
Seth

If the accounts are already linked, the transfer goes through in 1 or 2 days.

Thanks. I actually just set up the Atlantic account, and the transfer shows up as pending on my Amex page. Hopefully it goes through in time, otherwise I'll see if Virgin will extend the hold.

Thanks. I actually just set up the Atlantic account, and the transfer shows up as pending on my Amex page. Hopefully it goes through in time, otherwise I'll see if Virgin will extend the hold.

It takes about 3-4 business days IME, although the first time I tried to transfer points it was repeatedly rejected for some odd reason. It was eventually sorted out with a bit of push and shove via the Amex customer service, but it took effectively 2 weeks and a few false starts to get the first transfer working.

I don't think this is particular about the first times for anyone and I don't wish it on you either.

BTW the Virgin Atlantic points required were half that of oneworld (12,500 from NYC to LHR, vs 25,000 on AA/BA).

NB, How much were the taxes on Virgin Atlantic (oneway)? It's £86.50 for LHR-JFK on AA, ~£142 on BA, using QFF points.

NB, How much were the taxes on Virgin Atlantic (oneway)? It's £86.50 for LHR-JFK on AA, ~£142 on BA, using QFF points.

On that route is around $160USD (~£100) for Upper Class or $120USD (~£75) for economy.

I've been using VS more and more now and have found the SYD-LHR route generally has pretty good availability in Upper Class and the redemption rate is a lot better. Great product too!!!

You all make a very convincing argument for signing up with VS program, with the info on earning redeeming. Especially with these offers. But I'll have to do some extra research on earning with DJ and V Australia, as the VS website has confusing messages on getting teir points with these partners.

Anyway, another big thank you for the tip.

I would have liked to transfer 20% less points to get my Upper Class award in early Dec, but given that the availability appeared to be disappearing faster than the beer at my uni pub, I couldn't wait any longer. :(:(:(

Damn Murphy. I'm going to get him one day.....

Just be careful, it might pay to call and hold a flight before you transfer points to try and use the,, Virgin Atlantic are having major issues with their inventory (either their systems aren't releasing seats or they are all taken until Aug 2010!)

See here (i posted this in another thread). Annoying!

No award seats SYD-HKG until Aug 2010 !!?? - FlyerTalk Forums

I had the same issue when looking for award seat availability in WHY or premium economy in June 2010 for a SYD-HKG return. The only available flights were for August 2010.

I generally find award seat availability poor on VS and I will not be transferring any AMEX MR points to VS even with the generous 20% bonus offer....

I had the same issue when looking for award seat availability in WHY or premium economy in June 2010 for a SYD-HKG return. The only available flights were for August 2010.

I generally find award seat availability poor on VS and I will not be transferring any AMEX MR points to VS even with the generous 20% bonus offer....

What are you going to do with your MR points John?... maybe this warrants a seperate thread but I'm really struggling to work out what to do. VS looks like its crossed off the list along with AirNZ and Velocity so far for me....

What are you going to do with your MR points John?... maybe this warrants a seperate thread but I'm really struggling to work out what to do.

+1 Same here. Was leaning towards VS's FC until the seats availability issue came up/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back