1st year Fee Free Westpac Altitude Gold or Platinum plus 10,000 Altitude Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Hi all,

New offer through Money Magazine

Apply for a Westpac Altitude Gold or Altitude Platinum credit card by July 31, 2009. You must quote the promotional code WAATH when applying for the credit card for the annual fee to be waived in the first year. Make a credit purchase on your card before August 31, 2009 to receive 10,000 bonus Altitude points. These bonus points will be added to your account by September 16, 2009.

Annual Fee for Westpac Altitude Gold is $150.00
Annual Fee for Westpac Altitude Platinum is $295.00

https://online.westpac.com.au/cust/...tion?funcReqd=NewAppl&source=PL&type=Personal

Hey Iza,

I had also seen this posted on Ozbargain...

Have you applied? What's your experience with Westpac?
What's the success rate of getting the 2nd year fees waived?
I like the idea of the platinum card benefits, but I'm one of those who wouldn't want to pay for it :)

Cheers.

Does anyone know if having previously accepted the fee-reduced Earth Platinum (also Westpac) excludes you from this offer?

Cheers,
- Febs.

Hey Iza,

I had also seen this posted on Ozbargain...

Have you applied? What's your experience with Westpac?
What's the success rate of getting the 2nd year fees waived?
I like the idea of the platinum card benefits, but I'm one of those who wouldn't want to pay for it :)

Cheers.

Zippy, I haven't personally applied as yet, but given that the offer is open until end July, I'll re-assess my option before then. Westpac are excellent to deal with IME. I've never had a problem of points not crediting (unlike with AMEX!). Can't comment on the 2nd year fee waiver - I guess it depends on how valuable a customer you are to them.

Also, I'm a Money Magazine subscriber so that's where I got the offer from.

I was looking at this with interest, Has anyone tried there Premier Advantage package code with trying to get a platinum annual fee free...

I was looking at this with interest, Has anyone tried there Premier Advantage package code with trying to get a platinum annual fee free...
Yes. I did. The T&C's state that you weren't supposed to get the bonus points, but I did. LOL

I have a feeling that it was a mistake by the call centre person that handled my signup though, 'coz I've had a little bit of trouble since signing up, but it all got sorted out - net result: fee free plat and 15k bonus points.

(I wonder whether it's a bad idea sharing this on a Public Web forum! Westpac giveth, and Westpac can taketh away!)

Yes. I did. The T&C's state that you weren't supposed to get the bonus points, but I did. LOL

I have a feeling that it was a mistake by the call centre person that handled my signup though, 'coz I've had a little bit of trouble since signing up, but it all got sorted out - net result: fee free plat and 15k bonus points.

(I wonder whether it's a bad idea sharing this on a Public Web forum! Westpac giveth, and Westpac can taketh away!)

Yeah I don't know whether to sign up for this free one year offer for platinum then try and get it fee free, or go for via my homeloan package, its all good and well if its free but if not i'll get slugged with $250 annual fee which I won't be happy about. wonder if they can reverese it hmmm

Can i transfer their point to qauntas frequent flyer points ?
No. I believe at the moment there is no system that allows you to transfer points into QFF at all... you either earn directly into QFF, or you don't.

I had to chase up the bonus points, which weren't posted by the promised date. They were then duly credited about a week later.

I had to chase up the bonus points, which weren't posted by the promised date. They were then duly credited about a week later.

Mine were not credited either. Did you file a "complaint" through the card service centre (the number on the back of the card)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back