Have Citi FPO (quick cash for $100 gift card) dried up?

aleaf

Intern
I've enjoyed the $100 gift cards from these offers - just convert $2,5 of credit to FPO (Fixed Payment Option) and wait 90 days. Viola, a $100 giftcard to Myers, Coles or JB Hi-Fi.

Sadly, I don't think I've seen an offer in a while. Is anyone getting these offers anymore?

I've done two and was waiting for June to start another, but alas the option disappeared when I checked on June 1st.

Thanks @asterix , that's what I was afraid of. I have take up this offer twice but would certainly like to do more Hope it's not being phased out.

It's been a while since I had an offer worth taking up.

The fee, for me, had risen to 4.99% and the interest rate had come from 0% to 2.99%. Not worth it on a $2,500 convert. They stopped advertising the fee in emails too.

1654565869438.png

1654565911150.png

So no loss for me if they're phased out.

Yes - of course the free money was going to dry up. Citi was obviously doing its best to increase its unsecured loan debt book for the sale to NAB, they certainly were not doing it for long term returns!

I got my last one in April, i noticed the offer message in the app disappeared in May, after 10 consecutive months in a row, sadly i had to miss one due to maxing out the credit limit.

however i just got two offers for Ready credit (or the like, i forget all their names) by email
150,000 velocity points for borrowing $5k at 9% with ~200 fee
100,000 flybuys for borrowing $500 at 3% (maybe this one is within the credit card limit)

obviously just repay both once the points received

I just got an email for this offer so it seems they are still around. My offer has a 2.99% interest rate and i couldnt see any one off fee.

I also received an offer this morning - 6 months fee 1.45%, 12 months 1.99%. It may take a while for the NAB bean counters to work out how to put a stop to these.

My offers are also returning and to a "go" level:

1654741056736.png

I'd be interested to see how y'all manage these without incurring interest or paying too much off and having the FPO cancelled.

Yes - of course the free money was going to dry up. Citi was obviously doing its best to increase its unsecured loan debt book for the sale to NAB, they certainly were not doing it for long term returns!

I got my last one in April, i noticed the offer message in the app disappeared in May, after 10 consecutive months in a row, sadly i had to miss one due to maxing out the credit limit.

however i just got two offers for Ready credit (or the like, i forget all their names) by email
150,000 velocity points for borrowing $5k at 9% with ~200 fee
100,000 flybuys for borrowing $500 at 3% (maybe this one is within the credit card limit)

obviously just repay both once the points received
These are not the same as a FPO. They attract a credit check (essentially a line of credit) and you pay from the get-go. I started a thread here

I have never used these offers. I am doing the CitiPayall thing so am content with that.

These are not the same as a FPO. They attract a credit check (essentially a line of credit) and you pay from the get-go.
Yes, obviously. I didnt say they were. I just said these are new offers.

and then, knock me over with a feather. I also got an FPO offer for a $100 gift card yesterday in the App, and then email today. NAB come to the party. (unless Citi put this on a timer as a goodbye joke).

Yes, obviously. I didnt say they were. I just said these are new offers.

and then, knock me over with a feather. I also got an FPO offer for a $100 gift card yesterday in the App, and then email today. NAB come to the party. (unless Citi put this on a timer as a goodbye joke).
No you did say Ready Credit but I meant they should not be viewed the same. Your last sentence had me worried you were contemplating it.....

No you did say Ready Credit but I meant they should not be viewed the same. Your last sentence had me worried you were contemplating it.....
absolutely I am taking up both those offers, the flybuys net result is a little under $300 but the cook will be happy, as she keeps those, and the VFF points is a gift of around $1250 nett. ( I personally value VFF at 1cent)

Of course they are not the same. just pointing out NAB was continuing to throw money from a helicopter.

Just got my sixth quick cash gift card offer in six months. All taken up, although the fee for the last couple has been 1.45% rather than 0.9%…

A quick question for the brains trust on how to avoid paying interest or accidentally canceling a FPO if I may:

Do I just pay the balance on my card, less the FPO amount, to avoid paying interest?

For eg, if the balance is $5000 and I have a $2500 FPO, I’d pay $2500.

If I paid say, $3000, the FPO becomes $2000 but remains open.

Is that right? Thanks in advance 🙂

You pay the balance of purchases plus 1/6th or 1/12th of the amount of each FPO you have outstanding (depending on whether you took out a 6 month or 12 month term)...

A few months ago Citi made a genuine enhancement to their statements to make it clearer what you need to pay. It is the Closing Balance (less FPO balance not yet due) in the statement Summary section.

I am using the word enhancement in the English dictionary meaning - not to be confused with the Qantas, Bonvoy, BA, etc., meaning.

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back