100,000 qantas or altitude points bonus with new westpac black card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to quite a bit of card churning lately, I am wondering if a 'good' veda score (670) is going to be enough to secure this deal? Anyone have any experience? Is it worth reducing the card limits on some of the other cards?

I've had quite a few sign on bonuses with that sort of score, so I'd say 'yes', 670 is good enough. I would not bother mucking about with reducing limits, but 'd be interested to hear other's experiences.

Always go for the lowest limit acceptable when applying.

Due to quite a bit of card churning lately, I am wondering if a 'good' veda score (670) is going to be enough to secure this deal? Anyone have any experience? Is it worth reducing the card limits on some of the other cards?

Applied and approved 'conditional to employment, income and identity checks'. Very easy result - might be tempted to use overseas with the earn rates (or maybe I should stick to 28 Degrees).

Unfortunately Australia's majors are struggling with Comprehensive Credit Reporting (CCR). Which means far to few banks are submitting CCR data for a "positive" score to be viable, i.e. at the moment limit are not taken into account. I'm sure it will eventually happen.

Reducing your limit will have no impact.

Just called up Westpac as I already hold the Earth black. They didnt even know about this promo yet.

Cancelled the Earth and have an application in waiting on a decision from Westpac.

I applied with a veda score of less than yours and got the black under their concurrent deal of 50,000 QF points and no annual fee. Took some toing and froing to prove my income before getting the card 10 days later. It's proven a handy bit of kit so I may keep it longer than the 2-months I previously envisaged. But probably not too much longer.

It's a shame I cancelled my last Altitude Black card at the start of December or I'd be all over this. Here's hoping they decide to extend it beyond the first 5,000 sign ups.

Well if you compare the current 50k with no annual free versus 100k for $395k annual fee, you are essentially buying 50k qantas points for $395. However, the 100k has 5k spending requirement whether as the 50k only has $2.5k spending requirement.

Each to their own.

Damn - too much churning lately-
Got knocked back on the recent promotion - Have to wait :(

Tried that, didn't work.

I had some luck - the promotion I got was open to everyone (from memory), but the fee was waived for existing customers which I got by taking this approach.

You win some, you loose some when playing the points game hey!

Just talking to Westpac online chat support, and they say both websites (Qantas which says 100,000, and Westpac which only states 50,000 points) are correct.
"To get the bonus points that Qantas are advertising you need to apply with them"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back