Card Promotions 100,000 bonus Velocity points + up to 100 status credits with Virgin Money Flyer cards (ends 31/1/22)

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Virgin Money has a new sign-up offer for both its Velocity Flyer and Velocity High Flyer credit cards for May. Both cards now have up to 100,000 bonus Velocity points available to new customers.

Velocity Flyer gives 25,000 bonus points for each month that you spend $1,500 in the first 4 months. Annual fee is $129 (halved in the first year) and you get a $129 annual Virgin Australia flight voucher - Flyer Credit Card | Virgin Money Australia

Velocity High Flyer gives 25,000 bonus points for each month you spend $3,500 within the first 4 months, plus 100 Velocity status credits if you spend at least $500 on Virgin Australia flight bookings in the first 4 months. Annual fee is $289 and comes with a $129 VA flight voucher & two annual lounge passes - High Flyer Credit Card | Virgin Money Australia

Thanks. This is still current, applied today, want a few more VA points. This = 6 syd to mcy (noosa) J flights for me (+fees). Although fwiw VA Business Saver is only $249 atm!

These offers went away for a little while but are now back until 31 October 2021.

These offers went away for a little while but are now back until 31 October 2021.
Cheers, hadn’t seen these offers. Looking for a non Amex deal. Not many about, but good points bonus on these, but wary of only 0.66 points per dollar spend on Flyer card.

Does anyone know whether VA SC earned through credit card signups will transfer through family pooling?

Took a week for partners to be approved, PITA, like a lot of signups. Statement was issued 1 month after approval date, so lucky we had met $1500 spend in the 10 days we had access to the card! 26,000pts credited to Virgin same day as statement. Working well. Note: VirginMoney not accepted into google pay, so had to pay $19 for additional card. All good, minor inconvenience.

I note this offer valid until 20th December. I wouldn't mind on giving this another go (the Flyer for 100k for $64 first year fee), although I have a few too many open cards at the moment. I will close a few in the coming weeks, but by the time they appear on my credit report as closed 20th Dec will be long past - not sure if they will extend the offer or not.

Maybe I should just apply and hope for the best, but dealing with Citi makes me a bit nervous.

I applied. Conditionally approved, let's see how the party poopers go come manual review.

Approved. They did follow up with some dicky questions however gave me 5k extra VFF points for the trouble on top of the promotion - very un Citi like. Given this is my 5th open CC at the moment, I thought that may have caused me some problems. I'll start closing a few before going a 6th.

Does anyone know if there is a 12 month block out on this? I can't see it on the T&Cs so appears to be for any new customers irrespective if they've held Citi or Virgin products? Appears to be good deal.

Does anyone know if there is a 12 month block out on this? I can't see it on the T&Cs so appears to be for any new customers irrespective if they've held Citi or Virgin products? Appears to be good deal.

I think you're as Flash as Michael Jackson - I see this in the TC's

Offer is not available to existing Virgin Money Credit Card holders (including upgrades).

If it was going to be mentioned it would be here.

Approved. They did follow up with some dicky questions however gave me 5k extra VFF points for the trouble on top of the promotion - very un Citi like. Given this is my 5th open CC at the moment, I thought that may have caused me some problems. I'll start closing a few before going a 6th.

True to their word, after 1st month statement 25k plus 5k points landed in my VFF account plus around 2k for spend. Better than a poke in the eye.

How long do most wait between approval and delivery? Trying to book a flight before the price jumps

$3500/month for 4 months? Possibly a record spend requirement! Looks like a good deal though.

Any experience with applying for a virgin money card whilst holding a recently acquired Citi card (not virgin money but Citi)?

Any experience with applying for a virgin money card whilst holding a recently acquired Citi card (not virgin money but Citi)?
I had opposite negative experience.
Have velocity high flyer card (Citi) and didn't get approved for another Citi backed card few months back.

Opposite to opposite to @MooTime I have the Velocity Flyer Card and was recently approved for another Citi card a few weeks ago. The application approval appeared automatic rather than somebody making a decision as was approved immediately upon completion of activation.

Back