Card Promotions 100,000 bonus QF points with NAB Qantas Business Signature (works with ATO)

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
NAB is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 100,000 Qantas points with its NAB QF Business Signature credit card.

This is an interesting Visa business credit card because you can earn 1 Qantas point per $1.50 (i.e. 0.67 points per dollar) at the ATO. So you can earn points directly with the ATO without having to use a B2B payment service etc. Points are capped at $50,000 worth of spend/month and there's a $295 annual fee.

Never been my favourite bank. Applied twice, it accessed our cloud accounting software for more than a minute in each case. Unsuccessful both times in about 60 secs. Something about not able to repay the card which is a load of rubbish. The account has 12 x the credit limit in it. So maybe the NAB doesn't like new customers, single director and single shareholder companies?

I just got approved for this card. Interesting that you can get cards for multiple people and choose if one should get all the points or if they are split between cardholders. I'm going to get all the points initially, but once I requalify for Points Club Plus may switch that to my partner so he can do the same.

Doctore1003 glad you got this. I had no luck, 2 knockbacks all within 60 seconds. I'm not sure what cloud computing data NAB could analyse in this short time. Was going to use this 100,000 pts to get me within spitting distance of 1 million QFF. And also to pay our BAS by credit card when it suits us.

Has anyone closed this account within the first year and received a pro rata refund of the annual fee?
Might be worth trying, given the reports in the NAB personal card threads and the lack of exclusion criteria compared with the personal card line.

Does anyone know if a Sole Trader + Personal Income/Salary would be sufficient proof? It did mention 75K turnover which I don't have but combined income is > than that. Any experiences?

I called up and they said a Notice of Assessment indicating >75K should be ok but I'm not sure?

After a lot of rigamole (finding someone specific in NAB to submit our application to) after jumping through a few hoops got one of these. And for our business quite like it. Having a separate business card and a separate card for personal expenses certainly simplifies reconcilliations. We have a bank fee on this card to Xero.

Sharing my experience - This was a very easy card to get for me. My P/L banks with NAB for 2+ yrs so I basically clicked a few buttons and was approved immediately with a 40k limit. This will do nicely to fill in where I can't use my Bus. Amex - No more sad, QFF-pointless payments from my debit card.

OMG a letter from the NAB, they are changing this card from Qantas Frequent Flyer to Qantas business rewards so effective start Dec 2023 pts from this card can only acrue in a Qantas business rewards account. Which means opening another QFF using in our case our company ABN.

Why does the NAB have to fiddle around like this. Or not give its customers the option to choose.
I had to jump through hurdles to get this card, it's worked quite well for business expenses. I don't want extra QF accounts with piddling FF pts in them. My main personal account has about 750,000 which is useful.

I agree, this is just another time wasting exercise for everyone. Just so I'm clear (as it's far from clear in the letter, do the business rewards points convert to QFF at 1:1?

I agree, this is just another time wasting exercise for everyone. Just so I'm clear (as it's far from clear in the letter, do the business rewards points convert to QFF at 1:1?
Yes, one to one. But only the first 20,000 transferred each year will count towards points club.

Couple of questions:

1. If I'm a sole trader operating off an ABN can I apply for this card using my ITR as proof of income?

2. If I've had the points bonus from the personal NAB Qantas Signature card recently, would I still be eligible for bonus points on this?

Thanks!

Back