Card Promotions New Westpac Altitude Platinum Offer 75k QFF Points. 1st year fee free

GSP

Established Member
There is a new offer from Westpac with all the details posted as Screen Grabs below. The reason I can't post a link to the offer is because it is for existing Westpac customers only, and the link is only available if you login to Westpac online banking on the Web or Mobile.

Now, I'm not an existing customer but a past customer having held two Westpac Credit Cards in the past and a Savings Account I used last year to get the $50 (now closed) and I can see them in Closed Accounts Statements. My CustomerID/Password remains the same.

If you've never held an account with Westpac, the easiest way to get around this is open a Savings account, get an online account and close. You may have to pay $2k in and out to avoid the monthly $5 fee.

Anyhow the main points of this card that are in the screen grabs below:
  1. Offer valid to 3rd Feb 2021 (word of caution - Westpac had an offer on the Black card some months back and then closed it down before the end of the offer for some reason)
  2. 75k QFF points or 100k Altitude points
  3. Zero annual fee for first year. There is a $50 fee if electing to go the QFF option however.
  4. Earn rate for QFF is pretty coughpy at 0.5QFF points per $1 spend
  5. I've read reports that people have been approved almost instantly and have a new card registered in their online portal within 2 hours, but then some people have been rejected.
I'm going to give this a go.

1602670261649.png
1602670328849.png

Just applied. Took only a few minutes as lot of details pre-filled.

Was conditionally approved at the end of the process. I chose the upload payslips option rather than the Online option where you give them your online credentials to trawl through your bank account.

Let's see how long this takes (and if successful or not).

Gets even better. Westpac have the ability to create a "Digital Card" which I have just done giving me the card number, expiry and the ability to generate a CCV valid for 24 hours.

So from applying this morning, I've managed to make a purchase for $1k on the card that afternoon.

There is a new offer for Black card 120K QF or 150k Altitude. First year free as well with $50 QF fee. I will apply for plat and my partner will apply for Black.

Sorry it's only 90,000 QF points with additional 30,000 after paying fee for second year. Both of us will just apply for Plat and save some credit limit for other cards.

Last edited:
Westpac does this every now and then as long as you have a choice account.

Alas, as what happened once before when Westpac rolled out a good Platinum deal (which I jumped on) only for an even better Black deal to come out a few days later has happened again.

You can now get the black card with 90k QFF points fee free first year (minus Qantas $50 fee) and a better earn rate. Here is the link, although you will need to be able to log into Westpac as a customer This is the link

Apparently they changed the term behind our back, I signed up the deal last month and got hit a annual card fee last Friday, after numerous online chats today, they told me to call the 1300 number instead. With all three chat operator, all trying to convince me, 60k points and $99 card fee is what I signed up for, thanks OPs for the screenshot. have to call them now.

Apparently they changed the term behind our back, I signed up the deal last month and got hit a annual card fee last Friday, after numerous online chats today, they told me to call the 1300 number instead. With all three chat operator, all trying to convince me, 60k points and $99 card fee is what I signed up for, thanks OPs for the screenshot. have to call them now.

My, that is sneaky indeed.

I was hit with the $50 Qantas rewards fee last Friday but not an annual fee. I fell $200 short in my first month of the $3000k spend required, so will make that this month but will have to wait for this month Qantas balance in my statement to see how many bonus SC's are given before the sweep into the QFF account.

Westpac gave my partner less bonus points than advertised back in 2017. They basically said he lied until he said he had a screenshot. Thankfully I have a habit of taking a screenshot for everything we buy or signup for. Had to send a screenshot via email.

Westpac gave my partner less bonus points than advertised back in 2017. They basically said he lied until he said he had a screenshot. Thankfully I have a habit of taking a screenshot for everything we buy or signup for. Had to send a screenshot via email.

Just a short update on my case, I ringed them today, and after waiting for 15 mins for the guy to find the deal that I signed up for, eventually, he gave up and offered me a full refund. Got a gut feeling that I will have to call them again for the messed up bonus points.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to combine this with their refer a friend option ?

Interesting question. I had a bit of a look and from Qantas point of view, provided your friend meets the T's and C's (not had that card in 12 months etc.), then it looks like you would be good to go for them to receive the bonus. And of course from Westpac, your friend must be an existing Westpac customer (even if their is only closed accounts) to be eligible for the offer.

The only issue I see as the person being referred MUST apply via the referral link sent. Of course to apply for the bonus points/fee reduction offer, you must be an existing customer and apply from the site where the link is only visible to logged in customers. So it depends upon whether applying from the referral link recognises the referee as being an existing customer. My hunch is not, however you never know.

FYI, I started an application to see the URL and this is what it was:

Well i just applied and got conditionally approved for a 5900 limit. I am confused because I thought the minimum limit was 6000. Is this possible?

Well i just applied and got conditionally approved for a 5900 limit. I am confused because I thought the minimum limit was 6000. Is this possible?

Why did you apply for 5900? Or were you bumped down. I hope they don't give you another ineligible card instead.

I was bumped down.

I know someone who recently applied for the Westpac Qantas Black card. Min credit limit on the card is 15k, they specified 15k in the application, then got approved with a 10k limit, but still got the black card. Weird!

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back