Best CC to transfer miles to friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

banana boy

Intern
My friend wants KrisFlyer miles to redeem for SQ flights. He has a fair number of points but needs more as he has a regular need to redeem SIN-AUST flights.

I know I can earn a lot of points via churn and can then transfer them to my velocity -> KF account where it should be possible for me to redeem SQ tickets for him even though he isn't a family member.

Is there any credit card which allows me to directly transfer KF miles to his KF account or velocity points to his VA account? Or is there a better way to do this?

I'm just trying to work out the simplest route - any pointers would be appreciated. I only want to do this for one person and I'm not looking to join the mile selling business.

I would be redeeming on his behalf. There are articles about transferring to others, but this can lead to flights getting cancelled.

Just make friend a redemption nominee on your account. That is how I handle our sons partners.

You can Transfer your KF miles to him directly. Its a normal feature of Kris Flyer.

How you earn the KF miles is a completely different question and irrelevent to tranferring to your friend.

You can Transfer your KF miles to him directly. Its a normal feature of Kris Flyer.

How you earn the KF miles is a completely different question and irrelevent to tranferring to your friend.

This is not correct you cannot transfer Krisflyer miles to another account it is explicitly forbidden in the Krisflyer T&C.

You can transfer between accounts in Velocity and then to KF taking the transfer ratio hit in the process but not within KF itself.

This is not correct you cannot transfer Krisflyer miles to another account it is explicitly forbidden in the Krisflyer T&C.

Kris flyer has a thing where you nominite 5 people maximum. so maybe its for redeeming not transfer., either way its an option.

Thanks for the replies. It seems like the only way to do this (and not break T&Cs) is via KF nominee redemptions.

Points transfers in velocity are only to eligible family members (like Qantas) and KF doesn't allow points transfers at all.

Based on my searches of VA award space they don't have much availability for SQ J award seats even when many show up in KF. Since he has status in KF and VA it sounded like a better option to transfer the points to him but that's not going to happen. Oh well.

The Kris Flyer rules on becoming one of five redemption nominees includes a minimum 6 month term plus you would have to remain a redemption nominee until the Kris Miles flights have been taken. The fees to change nominees in either Kris Miles or $USD are modest.
This is a really good program.
Trying to send miles to a different named account really is risky and can be reversed. If that happens your account can get suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back