March 2019 Best new credit cards for QFF points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

My wait for >12m after cancellation of the ANZ, St George, NAB Qantas cards are over early this year.

What is the best QFF earning cards with bonus QFF point on new application that is currently available with no or low first year annual fee at the moment?

Thanks

Have a look at Point Hacks, it’s a very commercial site, some would say hopefully biased (they get ‘exclusive deals’ that are ‘amazing’ and sell them hard when they aren’t that great!) but they give a good overview of what’s on offer across the board including QF.

Last edited:
My wait for >12m after cancellation of the ANZ, St George, NAB Qantas cards are over early this year.

What is the best QFF earning cards with bonus QFF point on new application that is currently available with no or low first year annual fee at the moment?

Thanks
How long is a piece of string? Yours isn't a reasonable question to ask without providing sufficient details of your circumstances and needs.

Many variables to consider, inter alia, your normal spending pattern, your penchant for annual fees (what you call 'no or low first year annual fee'), your income level, do you need 40,000 to complete a RTW booking, are you prepared to churn 6 cards a year, need for included insurance, need for club passes etc etc etc.

Current deals are always listed here:

Current Credit Card Promotions

Current deals are always listed here:

Current Credit Card Promotions

The problem is, rather than starting a new thread when a credit card promotion is offered, most of the time you guys just resurrect an old thread with the same/similar promotion. Consequently, some of the threads are years old, with many, many pages. It is difficult to know when a credit card offer is current because of this.

I think that each time a new promotion starts there should be a new thread for that specific offer. It would make it much easier to see what the current offers are. I know it can lead to some doubling-up of questions, but the way it is now, sometimes the info provided is out of date and irrelevant to the current offers anyway.

The problem is, rather than starting a new thread when a credit card promotion is offered, most of the time you guys just resurrect an old thread with the same/similar promotion. Consequently, some of the threads are years old, with many, many pages. It is difficult to know when a credit card offer is current because of this.

If you subscribe to the thread you'll get a message telling you when it has been updated and can always see the latest activity in that thread.

I think that each time a new promotion starts there should be a new thread for that specific offer. It would make it much easier to see what the current offers are. I know it can lead to some doubling-up of questions, but the way it is now, sometimes the info provided is out of date and irrelevant to the current offers anyway.

I agree. But it wont happen unless people like yourself take the time to start the new thread. It can definitely be frustrating sometimes. I encourage you to lead by example.

No one said playing the credit card churning game was quick or easy :)

Last edited:
Fair enough ;-) I just assumed there must have been some kind of rule saying that it must be done that way. You know, angry post: "There's already a thread for that offer, blah blah!!!!" (despite it actually being a similar offer which expired 3 years ago).

Anyway, following this forum has helped me earn heaps of points over the last couple of years! So thanks to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back