Help Please! Very confused about transferring Amex Points to Airlines

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1549

Hi all,

I am hoping to book a Cathay Pacific flight from Hong Kong to Sydney on the night of April 29th. It is Flight 111 which departs at 6:50PM. There are, however, a couple of other flight options I could take, including Virgin and Qantas.

I have 130k Amex Membership Points, and I understand I need to transfer them to Asia Miles (for the Cathay flight). However, I firstly would like to check how many points are required for this flight, and whether Cathay even has availability for me to use points.

How can I check this? Searching the flight on the Cathay website doesn't give me an option to search point flights (availability or how many are required).

Can someone please help?

log on to the asiamiles.com website to search

for miles needed use the chart
Flight Awards charts - Asia Miles

to calculate miles use gcmap.com

[you can also search for CX availability on the British airways website ba.com but you would need to sign up to that (with a non-Aus address) too]

good luck

A quick look on the BA site for the 29th shows nil availability, and the same for the day each side of that.

I'm an AsiaMiles member so have had a gander. CX111 29/4 is available to waitlist for 45,000 AM, Business Standard. I have no idea how likely this would be to clear and if it didn't, you'd be stuck with the miles transferred to AM. The miles need to be in yr account in order to waitlist.

I am assuming you're looking for Business? I checked PE (30,000 AM) and economy (22,000 AM) and same. Waitlist only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back