Where to transfer my Citibank half a mil point to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soggybrain

Hi Guys,

I have over 450,ooo points on Citibank. So far what I know is Velocity is the best value point-to-point, as it only need 2.5 citibank point to convert to a point. Whereas Emirates and SIA needs 3. The problem is Velocity needs to be at least Gold tier before I can upgrade.

I am getting tired of Citibank constant changing and my point worth diluted endlessly. So I am thinking to fully transfer my point to either of these.

I would like to find out;
1) Which of the three would you recommend to transfer to?
2) I am only keen to use it on travel, on upgrade to business or buy a business ticket.
3) Which of the credit card that I should stick to to continue earning the point to redeem for upgrades and business class tickets.

Solution
No one can really answer this question for you, because you are the one who needs to decide which airline you fly with. It would be better with VA if you fly to HKG, but it would be better with SQ if you fly to Singapore / Malay
No one can really answer this question for you, because you are the one who needs to decide which airline you fly with. It would be better with VA if you fly to HKG, but it would be better with SQ if you fly to Singapore / Malay

Solution
can one still just call up and book the flight through citi travel dept they used to match points and price ? it may be a better and cheaper option than transferring points. transfer to krisflyer is better than va less tax i heard.

can one still just call up and book the flight through citi travel dept they used to match points and price ? it may be a better and cheaper option than transferring points. transfer to krisflyer is better than va less tax i heard.

Why call up? Do you need to price match?

I am going to Uluru in June, and I need rental car. The most expensive method is booking direct, then booking via Ayers Rock Resort, then Citi being the cheapest.

I think you would be crazy to book flight directly using your Citi points.

Just reviving this thread. I have question similar to OP... which airline programs, other than Velocity, recommended for transfer of Citi points

Unfortunately, I don't think the points will buy as much as they did pre-COVID - we nay have another round of devaluations coming soon. SQ got a $21b bailout for instance. I don't think shareholders are the only ones who are going to cop the pain of that. May be worth booking now to lock in today's rate if your preferred airline is currently allowing bookings if your travel date and seats are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back