Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankahanka

Hi All,

Looks like the Hilton card has been discontinued. What's the typical experience in the situation for existing holders? I presume we'll eventually get migrated over to their standard platinum card eventually.

What's everyone's best free night redemption? I managed a night in the Conrad Tokyo and it was great. I think I've also had 40 free breakfasts between my partner and myself, but never got a suite upgrade with the diamond...there's still time I guess.

Sometimes the cards get removed and people migrated quickly. Sometimes, existing cardholders can keep the card for a few years. No way of knowing...

I got an email saying they have updated the conditions of use which is a bit foreboding .... haven't had time to read through the dozens of pages of legal mumbo jumbo yet though.

Sometimes the cards get removed and people migrated quickly. Sometimes, existing cardholders can keep the card for a few years. No way of knowing...
I just need to card to remain open at least til May 2019 so i can spend 40K on the card to maintain Hilton Diamond for another 2 years :)

Diamond is the best value I have ever had for putting 40k through a card and I will be extremely sad to see it end

I've been following a similar discussion on another thread:

Mac bank Hilton Hhonors credit card question

Just noticed that Mac Bank do not offer the Hilton card any more and I called them to confirm and it is not even available to existing (other) card holders with Mac. I think i wont be letting mine go as an easy way to Plat. each year and I have also confirmed that the "year" for the 40K spend is from your "anniversary" date (date card opened)

Last edited:
I'll be disappointed if this card goes belly-up.

That being said, an Australian Marriott / SPG card that gave Platinum Elite after 40K spend would help me move on from the loss ...

is anyone being charged the $395 fee on the free for life plus gold for life offer of a few years ago?a friend of mine jsut got charged so cancelled the card.

is anyone being charged the $395 fee on the free for life plus gold for life offer of a few years ago?a friend of mine jsut got charged so cancelled the card.

interesting…but not surprising
Do the t@c's allow them to do this ? .. seems a bit er grey… or is it puce….:rolleyes:

It does unfortunately
Hilton Honors Platinum Credit Card | Earn Points | Macquarie
17. Offer is limited to new applicants only. To be eligible for this offer, you must apply and be approved for a Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card between 12:01am AEST 22 June 2017 and 11.59pm AEST 31 January 2018. Primary or additional cardholder annual fees may be introduced or varied in future.

It does unfortunately
Hilton Honors Platinum Credit Card | Earn Points | Macquarie
17. Offer is limited to new applicants only. To be eligible for this offer, you must apply and be approved for a Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card between 12:01am AEST 22 June 2017 and 11.59pm AEST 31 January 2018. Primary or additional cardholder annual fees may be introduced or varied in future.

Hi,

I'm planning to cancel this card as I no longer put any spend towards it. I'm concentrating on krisflyer miles.

Should I still keep this card? Another reason to cancel it is that I have 3 other credit cards and perhaps may affect my borrowing capacity. I already have a home loan but would like to purchase an investment property.

Also concern they will charge me an annual fee out of nowhere :)

Cheers,
K.

If it was me I wouldn't cancel unless they started charging the annual fee. $3-400 isn't worth Hilton Gold IMHO but $0 is.

Once you cancel it there is no other similar card on the market in Australia at the moment.

If it was me I wouldn't cancel unless they started charging the annual fee. $3-400 isn't worth Hilton Gold IMHO but $0 is.

Once you cancel it there is no other similar card on the market in Australia at the moment.

ok thanks. If they charged me the $400 annual fee out of nowhere can I call up and cancel and get the amount credited back?

I would assume so. Shouldn't be any different to any other card.

ok thanks.

I have a home loan with CBA which comes with the diamond mastercard but it's hopeless in earning and redeeming. Only good thing is the travel insurance. Maybe I should cancel that one as I don't spend a cent on it. It has a credit limit of $15000 so maybe that should go to help my borrowing capacity.

I also have a Citi Signature free for life and Amex Plat edge.

I'm going to keep mine. Easiest way to get to Diamond without meeting the stay requirements and qualify for free weekend night certificate. points earn structure is now on par with Amex (sad to say) for HH points. If AF charged, I'll need to re-consider whether I keep it - not sure worth $400 - particularly as best use for the free night certificate is an expensive resort like Conrad Maldives but not likely to get back there in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back