Citibank Prestige - waiting period required for bonus eligibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_OC

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I asked this in an old thread, but no response - I'm sure people on here will know the answer so I thought I'd give it another go.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait after cancelling the Citi Prestige to become eligible for bonus points when applying for a new one?

And am I correct that holding another Citibank card (specifically the Signature) does not me you ineligible for bonus points with a new Prestige card?

For context, I cancelled my Citi Prestige in January this year, and I currently hold the Citi Signature card. There is nothing in the T&Cs that I can see to suggest that this is (a) for new Citibank customers only, or (b) that a waiting period is required between cancelling and reapplying. So I'm hoping the answer is that I can avail of the current 150k bonus point offer, but as the fee is $700 I would like to reassure myself that I really am eligible first!

Does anybody know the answer to this, given there are new citi offers available?

Call up the call center to ask, I cancelled mine for more than a year, but when I was talking to them, they don't seem to care

Was wondering the same and after emailing customer support this is their reply.

"We advise that the promotions shown on our website are offered to all
new applications regardless if you had/have an account with us."

So no waiting periods in between applications or if you currently hold a card with them. Please double check prior to any future applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back