Plat Edge points earn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Orange

Is anyone else's Platinum Edge points earn on the fritz?

I recently had the following:
  • a $20 refund from KMart post with 0 points - happy days as I was expecting to lose 60 points;
  • an $8 charge for fuel post with 0 points - called to fix up and manually credited with 24 points despite me honestly declaring the charge was for fuel (2x spend); and
  • a $21 charge at KMart post with 27 points.
I can't make any sense of it. Maybe a temporary glitch but would be good to know if anyone else has spotted anything on their accounts.

I have observed patterns like that, where I suspect what it's doing is tracking the points debit, and withholding credit points until you get back into the black. Once the debit was wiped out points seemed to start moving normally again.

Maybe that's happening for you, and you've somewhat confused the system with the manual credit for fuel points?

Thanks. That makes some sense although the KMart refund was the first of all these transactions so I don't why it didn't post as -60.

The next KMart spend should have posted as 63 so I would have expected a net credit of 3 - I have seen this happen before.

I'll monitor and see if evens itself out.

Very weird, I’ve never seen that kind of thing on my cards. I do have a number of petrol stations that are registered in the wrong category so only earn 1pt/$ instead of 2. Amex manually fix these as required.

Would be interesting to see if yours sorts itself or not.

I have observed patterns like that, where I suspect what it's doing is tracking the points debit, and withholding credit points until you get back into the black. Once the debit was wiped out points seemed to start moving normally again.

Maybe that's happening for you, and you've somewhat confused the system with the manual credit for fuel points?
yes, that is what happens.. sometimes it is just a straight points reversal, other times it shows zero ( offsetting the debit / credit ). I normally just check say 5 transactions either side and it has always worked out with the correct amount

Weekend purchases at Woolworths supermarket have posted today at only 1x points (instead of 3x) and BP has also posted as 1x points (instead of 2x).
Have a Coles purchase yet to post to see what that comes through as...
Anyone else with incorrect points posting?

Target spend went down to 1ppd even though it was 3ppd 1 month ago. This occurred on 23/08.

I just had a chat to amex, they have raised an investigation and have said several other members have reported the same issue, he mentioned it was a problem from their end

Back to triple points on Edge for my August 25, 26, and 27 transactions... it was just a glitch.

My account is glitched, going through my points statements
Coles spend on plat edge
Description Charge Base points Bonus Points Total Points
25/08/2018 COLES WODEN 848 PHILLIP $92.38 92

Going to raise a live chat and maybe get them to try and double my AP bill spend as well

Yep, i just had a quick look due to this thread and there seems to be a lot of single point 7/11 purchases and even worse
WOOLWORTHS 1669 CENTRAL SURRY HILLS $46.34 36 not even a point per dollar at woolies :mad:

WOOLWORTHS 1669 CENTRAL SURRY HILLS $6.50 0 this was a coffee and sandwich, woolies kept giving the sambos to people who came 5 mins after me so i left with only a coffee and no points as i didnt have time to play their waiting snatch and grab games:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My take on this schmozzle is that Amex are preparing some changes and their preparation work (obviously undertaken by the QFF work-experience kids) temporarily broke something.

We have recently seen the Paypal/Postbillpay methods to pay utilities and score 1ppd shut down so I wouldn't be at all surprised if something happens with the Edge in the coming weeks or months.

There’s a thread on Ozbargain where someone is suggesting that WW are somehow putting gift card purchases through with a different merchant ID that doesn’t receive 3x points on Plat Edge.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/399370

Hopefully that’s not true.
just goers to show that you cant rely on everything you read or what people say,
the comment on ozb I believe said a staff member confirmed the code had been changed

so either the staff was full of it or wrong

the number of times ive been told that buying egift with egift was disallowed due to fraud, policy, store policy, head office, merchant, ato, asio, the tooth fairy by store managers ,

so ive learnt not to take it persoanlly

Edit: recently i had a staff member insist that none of my cards would be activated so i dared her to try one in front of me, which worked, she walked off with tail. Between her legs but I left since I didn't want to. Make a scene

Last edited:
Weekend purchases at Woolworths supermarket have posted today at only 1x points (instead of 3x) and BP has also posted as 1x points (instead of 2x).
Have a Coles purchase yet to post to see what that comes through as...
Anyone else with incorrect points posting?
Sunday 26/08 Coles purchase back to 3xpoints. Just finished on live chat re Fri and Sat purchases and agent has ‘opened a case for the transactions and the dedicated team will investigate on it to post the correct points on account’. I was just expecting him to look at incorrect points post and amend...

Just checked my statement on the DJ Amex. Same problem. Transaction on 23/8/18 at BP posted with 1 point per $ instead of 3.

I called and got 1,000MR bonus for enquiring - happy days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back