Intern
Qantas
Silver
Virgin
Red
Star Alliance
Gold
Hi Guys,

I relocated here last Oct, started work in Nov and just started full time work in a professional roll. Obtained a NAB credit card a few months back. I just got refused for a platinum Amex, got the letter today. I know they won’t tell me the reason when I call but how long should I wait before reapplying ? I checked my credit score and it was good but I know they all have their own criteria. I was a platinum Amex holder in the U.K. for many many years. What will show on my credit report? Will it say refusal?

Check your credit file again, it will say if Amex looked up your score, it won’t say you were declined, but anyone who cared would observe that you either decided not go ahaed or were denied for some reason. If you have a good credit history maybe they declined on some other basis, age/ income/ employment status ?

Normally I’d recommend waiting three or more months. There is an exception though, do you have a current UK Amex card?

If so you can reapply (using a referral link or any public offering) and then ring Amex and ask that your application be assessed as a Global Transfer. Amex will then take your UK history with them into account when assessing your application. In my experience the process works very well and is an excellent feature that Amex offer.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back