Technical difficulties - Amex Travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpro

Qantas
Platinum
Trying to log into the Amex Travel website to redeem travel credit and am getting the following -

Please note: Due to technical difficulties, it is temporarily not possible to log in to the American Express Travel site. If you wish to pay with a Travel Credit and/or Membership Rewards Points, please try again later. You can continue to book and pay with your Card only.

I'm fairly sure I was receiving this a few months back as well? Is it just me, or is Amex taking a long time to fix this? Is there an alternate way to use to redeem my travel credit?

Had this same issue on Wednesday, ended up booking both flights via the Amex UK Travel site (was going to book one that way anyway to hit a target on a UK card), which annoyingly meant I couldn't use the $400 travel credit on my Explorer card. I was obviously less than impressed with this. Reckon it's worth pursuing, or not? I haven't technically lost out, but now need to potentially waste the travel credit on something I wouldn't have otherwise booked via AX.

Still having this issue, with no time frame stated for resolution. Can anyone with the Amex Ultimate card try to login to Amex Travel and let me know if they get this error too? Will call up if it's just me.

I made two hotel bookings today on Amex Travel to utilise a spend 250 get 75 back statement credit offer. My travel credits were also available if I wished to use them.

So no issues here....

Called up as I was continuing to receive the error. Got bounced around a bit, but the third operator fixed the issue. She did something to my account and the next time I attempted to log into Amex Travel, the site requested I select a card (I had two). Selecting the Qantas one re-directed me to the booking system with credits available.

I make a booking, various US domestic flights, using Amex Travel AU the other day, and despite my previous issues it applied the travel credit fine, and the flights are ticketed. So fingers crossed all is well, and looks like they’ve sorted it. We’ll see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back