The Problem with Jetstar Mastercard Dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I received my Jetstar Mastercard a while back, spent $1000 on it, and received the bonus 150 Jetstar dollars. I then spent the 150 Jetstar dollars on a trip next year. And I've used the card to save money making that booking, as well as using the card for discounted food on a Jetstar flight last month. So it has been extremely satisfactory for me.

Also I have accumulated another 19 Jetstar dollars to date. Apparently, the process is that once I hit 100 Jetstar dollars, I am automatically sent a voucher for that amount, which I have to use within six months on a Jetstar product.

Only problem is, it is unlikley at this stage that I will be using Jetstar for any other trips next year beyond the one I've booked already, which means that if I accumulate another 100 or more Jetstar dollars in the next year, they will be wasted as they will expire, since I can't use the voucher.

Plainly, my logical strategy will be to take the Jetstar dollar count up to around 90, then put it in abeyance for a year or so, while I use a Qantas points earning card in its place.

So, while the card is obviously very useful for people who fly Jetstar every six months or so, it strikes me as kind of odd that Jetstar have devised a reward system that deters less frequent flyers like me from actually using the card.

Are there any other "rewards" schemes like this?
Cheers,
Renato

f odd that Jetstar have devised a reward system that deters less frequent flyers like me from actually using the card
I would rephrase that as it being a reward system the encourages one to fly Jetstar.

This card is not for me. ;)

I would rephrase that as it being a reward system the encourages one to fly Jetstar.

This card is not for me. ;)
Thanks. Yes, it's only really good for people using Jetstar frequently - I suppose pretty good for people with relatives interstate.

The offer that came with my card said no annual fee ever, so it's no problem for me putting it in abeyance till when I actually want to fly Jetstar and use the $100. But If I was having to pay an annual fee, I'd have to re-evaluate whether to keep it.
Cheers,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back