Amex and Chartered Accountants (CA) will end their partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbo135

So I just got a letter today saying Amex and Chartered Accountants (CA) will end their partnership effective 30 June 2018.

My existing card (Platinum Charge) will stay remain active and will retain its existing benefits/features. It will be interesting to see whether I will still get the reduced annual fee next year when my card comes up for renewal.

Looks like its only the CA is ending the partnership, CPA for example is still offering the Amex cards.

No further applications for CA ANZ American Express Credit Cards will be considered after this date. All existing Cards after this date will remain active:
American Express AU | Member Benefits

Hope mine remains fee free for life...

Well that's disappointing. I've had my gold Amex for over 10 years. Hope it stays free for life.

My platinum edge says specifically that the reduced annual fee would still apply.
Does your letter mention that for your charge?

Curious as to who ends these deals, I assume it is an Amex decision based on meeting targets or something along those lines. Little reason for the associations/affinity partners for cutting off a commission source? Law Society of NSW recently ended their partnership with Amex. Very disappointing.

According to the official letter which I received in the mail today, I will continue to enjoy exactly the same benefits and features including $0 annual fee.

I used to have Amex with Australian Computer Society and they ended their partnership like 8 years ago, I think! I missed the benefits of cheaper annual fee but that got me started with Amex...

Just got the same letter as well, my one is an Amex Platinum charge card and the letter only says the terms will remains the same.

Let's hope the reduced AF remains going forward, maybe someone's CA card is due for renewal soon and can provide some data points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back