Bonus points granted if a supplementary card holder applies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carls888

Hi,
I have been reading everywhere and I *think* that this is correct...

If a supplementary card holder on an Amex Virgin Plat, applies for an Explorer card the bonus points are granted on minimum spend...they are not exempt from receiving these as a primary card holder would be?

The supp card holder holds no other Amex cards.

In the same way that holders of bank issued AMEX aren’t exempt from the bonus points given out to new Amex customers.

Enjoy the new card!

One more Q...similar, but can my husband refer me on his Velocity Amex to open an Explorer one to obtain the 30k point referral bonus?

One more Q...similar, but can my husband refer me on his Velocity Amex to open an Explorer one to obtain the 30k point referral bonus?

Amex did expand the range of cards existing card holders can refer new applicants too, but based on what I can see from my cards a Velocity card holder wouldn’t be able to refer someone for an Explorer. Pretty easy to check though to see if it is possible and definitely worth the effort.

Good luck!

Amex did expand the range of cards existing card holders can refer new applicants too, but based on what I can see from my cards a Velocity card holder wouldn’t be able to refer someone for an Explorer. Pretty easy to check though to see if it is possible and definitely worth the effort.

Good luck!

Thank you so much. I am a bit of a newbie at the churning of cc, but we are used to turning left now and with the devaluation of all things points related, my spend, large as it is, needs supplementing.

Think only the Essential-Explorer-Plat edge - Plat Charge are classed as in the same family of cards for referring purposes.

Thanks Doctore1003, that is a great article that sums it up succinctly and simply. I appreciate the link.

just got off phone -the 3000 bonus points for first supplementary card on your account offer(ph applications only) is on till this month end. YMMV.
Pls post in relavant forum if applicable.as I could not find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back