What to do with 350,000 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

texter

My mortgage bonus has arrived to my account. What is the best use / best conversion rate? I have no plans to add to the balance and will close the acct once the points are used up.

Mrs Texter suggests cashing the points in for Coles/Woolworths card is the most practical.

Suggestions?

If you decide to transfer them to Velocity, but aren't in a hurry, you could wait until the next bonus offer. Based on past bonus offers, my guess is May for another 15% bonus, which would give you an extra 26,250 Velocity points.

Or one way in F to Europe.

I'd certainly redeem for travel worth >$1800

Transfer to Velocity. I believe there is still a bonus points promo at the moment.
Then use for Virgin travel or transfer to KrisFlyer for Singapore/Star Alliance travel
MUCH better value than the gift cards in my opinion

Just to feedback, we have nearly finished using our lot of gift vouchers. Given I don't usually collect Velocity points and the balance is not enough for two tickets overseas in J, it would have been difficult to convince SWMBO.

Just to feedback, we have nearly finished using our lot of gift vouchers. Given I don't usually collect Velocity points and the balance is not enough for two tickets overseas in J, it would have been difficult to convince SWMBO.
But is the balance enough for one ticket? :cool::D

175K VFF, would have been enough (for us in Perth anyway), 2x J to Hong Kong/Taiwan on Singapore airlines.

Ah well, each to their own I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back