Velocity High Flyer Visa -bonus points loophole

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad01

I recently applied for a Velocity High Flyer Visa (issued by Citi) with the lure of 120,000 bonus points for spending $3,000 a month to receive 40,000 points for the first 3 months.

The catch is.......the advertising and terms and conditions state spend for bonus is per MONTH, whereas in actual fact it is per statement period.
Terms and conditions outline statement period as 30 days with some variation depending on day etc, however the T&C's do not draw a link between the 'statement' and a 'month'
In my case it was 27 days, so with pending charges on my card expected to be processed within the MONTH, I missed out on 40,000.

So if you are trying to earn any bonus points make sure your balance is over the line ahead of time as the cut off date is like Easter and moves around.

JASON

Yep, this is one of the worst cards for getting correct info, terrible website and no App.

Trying to get info on statement date is impossible...almost. This has been touched upon in other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back