Does Spending on a Supplementary Card give the original account or supplementary account points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1549

Hi all.

As the title asks. I signed up for an Explorer Card a couple of months ago. I then got a supplementary card for my son. My son, when activating his card, linked his personal Amex username to the card. His supplementary card is linked and is displayed in his online account.

My question is, when he spends on his card, will his online account gain the points? Or will it go back to my original card and original online account?

If I'm the one that gains the points, is there any way I can transfer him some points from his spending? Or, is it possible to book flights/hotels using my points but book in his name?

Thanks

Hi there -

The way the Amex system works, and all banks I know of too, is that points earned by the supplementary cardholder are credited to the main card holders account.

In your case you’ll be credited for all points your son earns.

Good luck.

just got off phone -the 3000 bonus points for first supplementary card on your account offer(ph applications only) is on till this month end. YMMV.
Pls post in relavant forum if applicable.as I could not find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back