Hoping for a Miracle, 100SC on Amex Velocity Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_duck

Hi All,

Not sure if this was noticed by existing card holders or not. I searched the forum and couldn't find anything since 2012. Amex Velocity Platinum credit cards now come with 100SC when you reach 50K of eligible spend in your card year (ie opening date/anniversary).

I just rang the call centre and was told I'm eligible, my year started on 19th of July and I have about 9K to go.

Not sure about you guys, but that's worth the extra fee when paying "the man". Fingers crossed the call centre know what they're talking about.

The Velocity Platinum Credit Card | AMEX Australia

100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits will be awarded when you spend a minimum of $50,000 (on Eligible Spend) within your card membership year. Card membership year means 365 days from the anniversary date of your American Express Velocity Platinum Card.<br/><br/>Eligible Spend does not include cash type purchases on a Card, for example travellers cheques and foreign currencies or any interest, fees or charges (including late payment or dishonoured payments) charged to the Card account. Please allow up to 2 weeks after you meet the minimum spend requirement for the Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits to be credited to your Velocity account.<br/><br/>In addition to Status Credits, Velocity members need to fly on Virgin Australia marketed flights to earn Eligible Sectors to upgrade or maintain a level of membership. To find out more about the Status Credit and Eligible Sector requirements for Velocity membership levels please visit

I hit my 50k limit a while back but have been waiting for my VA Platinum to renew as I already had hit my required sc's. Planning on calling them today.

were you credited the 100SC?
Nope, just called then and they said they're automatically credited after 2 weeks (which obviously doesn't happen). They said to check back in 2 weeks and see if they've landed otherwise to call back

I got mine yesterday. Came through 5 days after my anniversary. Will help push me to WP by September.

I got mine yesterday. Came through 5 days after my anniversary. Will help push me to WP by September.
Do you know when you hit 50K? I'm about to, 2 months before my anniversary. Not sure if SC comes after you hit 50K or after your anniversary of hitting 50k in the year.

Nope, just called then and they said they're automatically credited after 2 weeks (which obviously doesn't happen). They said to check back in 2 weeks and see if they've landed otherwise to call back
It's been a month, any luck?

I do a simple calculation on excel adding up how much I spend each month.

Example, Month 1. 4.1k + Month 2. 4.5k + Month 3. 5.2k, etc.

I had it covered easily in the 11 month.

Mine came through on my anniversary so techinically I had to wait 1 month and 5 days.

I had no offiicial annoucement or comms from Amex, just had the credits auto post in my VFF account.

Nope. Will give them a call this arvo and see what they say.

For those too lazy to add everything up (like me), I just asked Amex when I called them and they told me the exact amount in a matter of seconds. Easier than tracking IMO
I've been doing the same, except you don't even have to call. Login and the online chat people will tell you as well. Great for the super lazy (ie me).

I called this morning and was advised the status credits had already been applied to my account. I triple checked while on the phone to the agent and confirmed they definitely hadn't been. Agent put me on hold for a while and came back saying she'd call me back once she works out what the go is. If I don't hear back today I'll call back tomorrow.

Side note: while typing away at her notes, the agent asked why I don't use my comp. lounge passes attached to my card. I explained I am WP and she said I can give them to friends/family. I asked her how and she said by downloading the vouchers. I explained the website to her and said there's no option to download them. She said it's definitely downloadable and otherwise the vouchers can be manually posted out to me. She said she'd confirm this all when she calls me back. I'm definitely not holding my breath!

Update: Spoke to Amex on the weekend and was advised that I had actually hit the $50k spend on the 11th May which meant the two week period ended on Friday. They said I would get a call back sometime this week if they had not landed by Monday.

Had a missed call from Amex today so called them back. Spoke to a different agent who stated the same operator I spoke to on the weekend had left a note on my file saying I had hit the 50k spend on the 24th May. This is after I was told back on April 23rd that I had already hit the spend.

Anyhow I asked the agent I was speaking to today what my current spend is now because I keep getting told different dates - she comes back saying $49.5k.... asked why I keep getting told different amounts by different agents and she can't give me a reason why. Put on hold again and she came back saying that I had in fact hit the spend on the 17th May so the status credits are now due by tomorrow (end of 2 week period). She apparently triple checked that I hit the spend on the 17th and it was confirmed by their 'resolutions team'. She said I would receive a call back tomorrow afternoon if I had not received the status credits yet.

So I guess we'll wait and see what excuse they come up with tomorrow when I haven't received them :rolleyes:

ps sorry if this post is super confusing, you can imagine how our conversation on the phone was

Update: Spoke to Amex on the weekend and was advised that I had actually hit the $50k spend on the 11th May which meant the two week period ended on Friday. They said I would get a call back sometime this week if they had not landed by Monday.

Had a missed call from Amex today so called them back. Spoke to a different agent who stated the same operator I spoke to on the weekend had left a note on my file saying I had hit the 50k spend on the 24th May. This is after I was told back on April 23rd that I had already hit the spend.

Anyhow I asked the agent I was speaking to today what my current spend is now because I keep getting told different dates - she comes back saying $49.5k.... asked why I keep getting told different amounts by different agents and she can't give me a reason why. Put on hold again and she came back saying that I had in fact hit the spend on the 17th May so the status credits are now due by tomorrow (end of 2 week period). She apparently triple checked that I hit the spend on the 17th and it was confirmed by their 'resolutions team'. She said I would receive a call back tomorrow afternoon if I had not received the status credits yet.

So I guess we'll wait and see what excuse they come up with tomorrow when I haven't received them :rolleyes:

ps sorry if this post is super confusing, you can imagine how our conversation on the phone was
any luck so far?

I just hit 51K this morning, confirmed in writing via the chat agent, so waiting my 2 weeks patiently.

100 SC hit my account within the last hour. about 2 business days after I hit the 50K. Not sure what I did right? But Happy with the result!
amex.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back