Qantas Premier Everyday Card - Semi-Platinum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
Am I wrong, or is this card the best all round card for people on lowish to moderate incomes who take the occasional overseas vacation, and want to earn some Qantas FF points?

For $49 a year one gets,
a. 0.75 points a dollar on the first $3000 per month then 0.4 points thereafter, and
b. Complimentary Travel Insurance for up to a month with Chubb.

For my typical spend, this card would get me more points than my Bankwest Qantas Platinum card currently earns for me.

And so far, it's the lowest fee card I've come across that offers the Complimentary Travel Insurance and Concierge service - services typically associated with Gold and Platinum cards, though the Travel Insurance benefit is limited to a month, compared to longer periods with other cards.

To my mind it seems to have all the benefits of a typical Platinum card, though one would have to find a free way of getting Qantas FF membership (perhaps by signing up to Qantas Cash). Though plainly I wouldn't use it overseas because of the 3% transaction fee.
Regards,
Renato

If you can put up with the world's worst CS!
I've always found their Customer Service pretty good, especially on the two times years ago I had to use their help in planning trips to Europe when I was just using their points (on one trip, they booked me on Cathay, Iberia and Alitalia - not one Qantas plane).

Though I have some serious concern now about the Kale dishes for in-flight meals.
Regards,
Renato

I got this card today and started spending money on it.

First issue was with my browser. I could log into my Qantas account but couldn't log into my Qantas Money account, even though they use the same log-in info. After speaking to their representative it turned out to be yet another case of clear the cache in one's browser, or use another browser, if one is experiencing problems getting in.

Second issue - the good news, which I confirmed with their representative. To get the 20,000 bonus points each month doesn't require spending $2000 only on eligible items. Instead, spending on government items counts toward getting the bonus points (but won't earn any FF points). Which is handy with Rates and Land Tax bills coming due soon for me.

The third issue was that the next time I tried logging in, I was sent a six digit code on my mobile to complete log-in. That's a bit of a nuisance if it happens each time I want to check my balance on-line using my PC. I guess I have to use the Qantas Money App for speedier access to my balance.

Their representative was very helpful.
Regards,
Renato

Last edited:
I've always found their Customer Service pretty good, especially on the two times years ago I had to use their help in planning trips to Europe when I was just using their points (on one trip, they booked me on Cathay, Iberia and Alitalia - not one Qantas plane).

Though I have some serious concern now about the Kale dishes for in-flight meals.
Regards,
Renato

I think the reference is to the Citibank CS. Worst in Australia imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back