Warning - Amex online travel - hell with (viator) experience bookings

Status
Not open for further replies.

FL360

Like many of you I am trying hard to use the $400 credit, having flights and hotels already booked. It make sense to book a serious of airports transfers both to and from airports to use the $400, however I run into serious problems which is basically a website design fault by Amex, I will still trying hard to solve this, otherwise I will have to escalate, but generally my warning is

1. do not book experiences, of the same name, even across different dates, in the same booking. (which defeated the $400 credit benefit)

I have booked multiple HK airport transfers, and I have created multiple items in the same booking, (one to and another from HKG), obviously on different dates, however on the page whereas the amex travel site ask me to enter the departure / arrival flights, it was not indicated as for which date !
to complete the booking I entered the flights based on the dates... and guess what, after I (smell) that something may be going wrong I called the Amex travel / viator to confirm the flights entered, the flights were mixed up !

so if I have not checked, no one would have come to pick me up to/from airport / hotel, and I would have counted as no show and amount forfeited....

lucky it is still two weeks from the actual date, so I am now wasting time on the phone trying to solve this, and of course Amex travel on the phone have no authority to amend the dates, and so I am being kicked between multiple amex / viator departments

I am prepared to go to social media / fair trading for this, but the experience of amex travel, first time is !@#!@#!@#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back