Ahhh - messed up the time frame, chance of still getting bonus points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Essi

Hubby applied for Anz Platinum rewards yesterday and approved today.

Unfortunately I had it noted that his last Black Rewards card was cancelled last Jan 2017, hence we waited til the end of month this year to reapply - but the date is wrong (was for a different card and person completely - mine) and we just realized he didn't cancel his until 11th April.

So I am wondering when exactly are we a Anz Rewards customer to meet the 12mnth block out period - is it on approval? On activation of the card? Something else?

Am wondering if there is any chance we can activate it on say the 12th April (if we are even allowed to wait that long) - we would easily meet the spend criteria by the 3 month due date but am thinking it's probably a lost cause and gonna just have to learn my lesson. Anyone been in the same position?

Oh I don't like your chances on getting you points.
I think you would only be eligible 12 months after the closure of your card.
Good luck.

zero chance, and if you ring up to complain they will just write you off as an unloyal points chaser, so they will see no benefit in bending the rules.

If anyone wants to be an unloyal points chaser, then you really have to be diligent about time times and dates :)

Does anyone know if the 12 month exclusion period for fresh bonus points is strictly enforced? i read somewhere that its not.

Does anyone know if the 12 month exclusion period for fresh bonus points is strictly enforced? i read somewhere that its not.

My understanding of ANZ is that they enforce it to the day.....
Amex used to be pretty loose, but that has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back