ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum - 1st year free, now 65k QFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock86

Established Member
For those who don't meet the income threshold or were knocked back for other reason for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card, ANZ are now offering 65,000 QFF Bonus points after meeting a minimum spend of $2,500 in the first 3 months.

Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card | ANZ

Main difference from the ANZ Black are:
  • Decreased earn rate & threshold (0.75ppd for first $3k, compared to FF Black's 1ppd for $7.5k)
  • However, on the positive is that the minimum credit limit is only $6k compared to $15k, so an easier card to obtain.
All other T&C's are as per normal ANZ rules.

Yep, great deal, based on the income, partner had to go this way (might ring them and ask for the 65k), Same 65k deal available for Rewards card. If you already have the FF, you can get the Rewards card and are still eligible for bonus, albeit at lower rewards conversion rate.

Does anyone know when this offer expires? I can't find anything on the application page or T&Cs and don't want to to have to go through hoops just to talk to the right person at ANZ.

Does anyone know when this offer expires? I can't find anything on the application page or T&Cs and don't want to to have to go through hoops just to talk to the right person at ANZ.

Hmm, can't find it either. However I did see something on ausbt about the Black card needing to have applied for and approved by January 24, 2018. So maybe that is the expiry date for this as well????

Anyone have the Black recently and also grabbed this without exclusion?
I got this card recently with the previous 75k offer after cancelling the platinum rewards cards we had for 15+ years. Just checked my account and 83k (including bonus) credited to my account this week.

We use this for business so not sure if I'll keep this card long-term as the earn rate drops to 0.5pts above $7.5k monthly spend.

I got this card recently with the previous 75k offer after cancelling the platinum rewards cards we had for 15+ years. Just checked my account and 83k (including bonus) credited to my account this week.

We use this for business so not sure if I'll keep this card long-term as the earn rate drops to 0.5pts above $7.5k monthly spend.

You're talking about the Black card here right? As the platinum has a smaller bonus plus a lower point cap threshold.

Just to note. Having a REWARDS card with ANZ in no way prevents you getting a FF card or vice versa, you will get both sets of bonuses. You just can’t get the bonuses for the same type of card (eg REWARDS OR FF), unless it is been more than 12months since the closure of that type of card.

Just to note. Having a REWARDS card with ANZ in no way prevents you getting a FF card or vice versa, you will get both sets of bonuses. You just can’t get the bonuses for the same type of card (eg REWARDS OR FF), unless it is been more than 12months since the closure of that type of card.

Thanks for that Coops, very good to know.

I read this on the t&c's

"Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months. "

So sounds like if you had the Black FF then you would be excluded

I have had both Black cards so I have no chance any of the ANZ offerings now

You definitely can’t get the offer if you have had any ANZ FF card within the last 12months. I have previously had my 12 month break from FF cards and then applied to receive the bonus again....just serve your time and reapply.

You are eligible for the Rewards in the same way though....still a good deal, particularly for earn rate and bonus transfers to Velocity, eg 1.3ffppd earn rate.

I read this on the t&c's

"Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card or where you currently hold or have closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card within the previous twelve months. "

There used to be a third card in the mix which was independent of these two- the adventures card? Has that gone?

It's still available, but there's no bonus point offer on it at the moment. Unless there's a off the books link to one.

Anyone know what minimum income is for the ANZ Platinum card?

Does anybody know about how strict ANZ are with not waiting a year before resigning

I reapplied about 3 week’s ago after being told to definitely wait out the 12 months.

Ah thanks.
Was trying to remember if it was ANZ and nab or nab only that don't seem to care about exclusion periods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back