Plat edge via referral ever be 1st year fee free again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
No FREE 1st year Plat edge via refferal offers this year?????

Will it ever come back?

No FREE 1st year Plat edge via refferal offers this year?????

Will it ever come back?

Isn't that the current referral offer? First year annual fee free and 10k points. Head over to the referrals sub-forum and all your dreams will come true :)

Can an ultimate card holder refer for an edge card or only the ultimate?

Can an ultimate card holder refer for an edge card or only the ultimate?

In my experience you can only refer people within the same family of cards.

Edit: so that would be a no in the case you've outlined.

I clicked on a referral for the Plat edge card and the Fee is there of $195?
I rang Amex and they said no offer of Free first year from referrals...but just 10K points if $750 spend within 3 months...
Anyone provide and proof\reference free for first year with referral link?

I clicked on a referral for the Plat edge card and the Fee is there of $195?
I rang Amex and they said no offer of Free first year from referrals...but just 10K points if $750 spend within 3 months...
Anyone provide and proof\reference free for first year with referral link?

Just checked the same link that I checked at the end of last month (when I first replied to your post) and it looks like the referral deal has changed. Now I see: 10k points and $195 annual fee, which is a bit sad for you. I didn't check when the last offer ended, but perhaps it was the end of last month.

Let me know if you'd still like a referral link, very happily PM one through to you (I won't spam you otherwise), although you might prefer to hand on in case the no annual fee deal returns.

I applied for the platinum edge card in August this year through one of the referral links in the platinum edge thread which stated no annual fee and 10k bonus points.
I received the bonus points but was charged the annual fee on my first statement.

I applied for the platinum edge card in August this year through one of the referral links in the platinum edge thread which stated no annual fee and 10k bonus points.
I received the bonus points but was charged the annual fee on my first statement.
Same, but just complain and they should reverse it!

Did they reverse the fee? Also have you held an Amex issued Amex card in the last 18 months? Wondering if they are still firm on the exclusion...

Did they reverse the fee? Also have you held an Amex issued Amex card in the last 18 months? Wondering if they are still firm on the exclusion...

I rang them, but no fee reversal - only 1000 points as a courtesy.
No Amex held in the previous 18 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back