I'm booking a few YUP/KUP fares on AA in March 2011.
- Mon March 07: LAX-ORD-MIA-SKB
- Wed March 09: SKB-MIA-ORD-LAX
- Sat March 19: SFO-DFW-EWR
- Sun March 20: EWR-DFW-LAX
I'm currently a QF QC bronze member.
I have some questions regarding access to AA lounges.
- I made the assumption that as a First passenger on these flights I'd have access to the AA lounges. I checked the AA site this morning and it appears I'm incorrect. Can someone confirm this?
- After returning from SKB (2nd flight listed above) I will have earned enough SC to qualify for QF Gold. This theoretically gives me access to the business lounges operated by AA. However, is it correct to assume the SC for these flights won't be credited for a few weeks and therefore I will not be allocated Gold status until after I return to Australia potentially?
- Since access to the lounges will be pretty important to me and I may need to resort to buying day-passes, am I able to walk up to the AA lounge reception desk and organise it there? Or is this something that is best done in advance?